[Q] Rooted vs Unrooted Android Tv box RK3188

Tip us?

studentu005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [Q] Rooted vs Unrooted Android Tv box RK3188

Hi Guys ,

Maybe this is a silly question but what is the difference between a rooted TV box and unrooted box?
More channels ?
Is it worth it to pay more for a rooted box ?

I want to get one but not sure which one.Please help me.Thanks

NixZero
Old
(Last edited by NixZero; 31st December 2013 at 10:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentu005 View Post
Hi Guys ,

Maybe this is a silly question but what is the difference between a rooted TV box and unrooted box?
More channels ?
Is it worth it to pay more for a rooted box ?

I want to get one but not sure which one.Please help me.Thanks
the same with any android device, you get access to admin functions so you can mess with options that regular users generarlly dont need to mess with.
like make writeable the /system folder so you can add (or remove) device drivers, config files, etc.
its required by some app like titanium backup and droidmote server or (for eg.) to make an init.d script that load at start your nas movie folder as a local folder via ntfs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NixZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

studentu005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixZero View Post
the same with any android device, you get access to admin functions so you can mess with options that regular users generarlly dont need to mess with.
like make writeable the /system folder so you can add (or remove) device drivers, config files, etc.
its required by some app like titanium backup and droidmote server or (for eg.) to make an init.d script that load at start your nas movie folder as a local folder via ntfs.

so is nothing to do with free TV programs.The advert of the Tv box I want to buy it says Unlocked Free tv programs.Are the programs free because of the box being unlocked.

Thanks for reading this guys

NixZero
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentu005 View Post
so is nothing to do with free TV programs.The advert of the Tv box I want to buy it says Unlocked Free tv programs.Are the programs free because of the box being unlocked.

Thanks for reading this guys
maybe he's installing some cracked app, dunno - generally most tv-providers apps (like hulu+, netflix etc) are root-aware and stop working when they found root enabled so its the other way around.
but you generally can root any device by yourself, beware of people that ask you money to do that.