5,606,347 Members 33,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Possibly stuck in APX mode

Tip us?

Lekan Adeyeri
Old
(Last edited by Lekan Adeyeri; 2nd January 2014 at 08:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Unhappy [HELP] Possibly stuck in APX mode

I'm trying to help this person on reddit but I'm a total noob with the Iconia 500 and after looking at various threads the only conclusion i can come to is APX mode. Could you guys please post a link to the solution or describe them in a noob friendly manner, because I've seen allot of solutions for the APX problem but they're all different, I just wasn't to make sure I find the correct solution for this persons symptoms.

Details-
The Iconia A500 gets to the android logo then nothing.
Attempted update.zip but that doesn't work

Original Reddit post-
Hey, I have an Acer Iconia a500 and it bricked on me. Ive googled the solutions but with no avail. Ive booted in repair mode, ive added an sd card with a new update.zip to the reboot, still nothing. All i get is a little android with an open chest and red exclamation point. Googled the symptoms, but its a really broad subject. I can get it to boot with the SD card for a moment, then a progress bar appears under my dead, open android. The bar doesnt seem to be moving. Im at a loss, could anyone help? Thanks in advance!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...d_tablet_help/

dibb_nz
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekan Adeyeri View Post
I'm trying to help this person on reddit but I'm a total noob with the Iconia 500 and after looking at various threads the only conclusion i can come to is APX mode. Could you guys please post a link to the solution or describe them in a noob friendly manner, because I've seen allot of solutions for the APX problem but they're all different, I just wasn't to make sure I find the correct solution for this persons symptoms.

Details-
The Iconia A500 gets to the android logo then nothing.
Attempted update.zip but that doesn't work

Original Reddit post-
Hey, I have an Acer Iconia a500 and it bricked on me. Ive googled the solutions but with no avail. Ive booted in repair mode, ive added an sd card with a new update.zip to the reboot, still nothing. All i get is a little android with an open chest and red exclamation point. Googled the symptoms, but its a really broad subject. I can get it to boot with the SD card for a moment, then a progress bar appears under my dead, open android. The bar doesnt seem to be moving. Im at a loss, could anyone help? Thanks in advance!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...d_tablet_help/
No its not stuck in apx mode, just failing to run an update.zip. depends what rom the tab was on and which update.zip was tried.

The solution will require the tabs cpuid so an EUU can be run. If the user does not have a backup of the cpuid and cannot boot into the OS to retrieve it, then it will be no easy fix. Check the cpuid guide in my sig. Linux has to be used unless the user has had the tab connected to his pc at some point then he can use a program called usbdeview to get it. ALL details for these 2 methods are in the cpuid guide.

Once he has the cpuid he can use tge babsector.rar file to reset his tab. This file will install a patched bootloader and custom recovery. All details and download links and instructions are in the root guide in my sig.

He will need full battery charge and a custom ics or jb rom to flash once the babsector.rar file has completed.

As I said this whole process will not be easy. But patience and the ability to follow the steps as they are written will ensure success.

The only thing that may be an issue is if the tab has the dreaded memory chip fault, but babsector.rar file will tell you if this is the case. Acer has recently repaired these faulty tabs even though they were out of warranty.

Good luck
Regards dibb

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Acer Iconia a500: Guides & How to's

Guide - Where's my CPUID at
How To - Root, unbrick ICS
How To - Flash unlocked bootloader w/apxFlash Tool
How To - Flash unlocked bootloader w/Manual nvFlash

Iconia A500: CM 10 Flex JB
GT I9300: Stock
HTC ONE M7: Stock s-off
The Following User Says Thank You to dibb_nz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]