Cannot find Smart Remote TV app to download

Tip us?

Mickey_80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cannot find Smart Remote TV app to download

Happy New Year!
As per title, there is a software that works with the Note 3 and S4 which functions as a Remote Control for TVs, stereos etc.. This software is called WatchON, is installed by default on Note 3 and uses irDA (infrared) to control the aforementioned equipment.

There is now another part of this software which works specifically with WatchON and is only for Samsung Galaxy Gear. It is made by Peel. It functions as a remote tv etc. control using the irDA of the phone. So you leave the phone on the sofa looking the TV and can change channels using the Galaxy Gear..
More info here:

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/22/...laxy-note-3s4/

Well I cannot find this specific app for my Galaxy Gear to install it! If anyone has it could you please upload it?
Thanx.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

fbueller
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_80 View Post
Happy New Year!
As per title, there is a software that works with the Note 3 and S4 which functions as a Remote Control for TVs, stereos etc.. This software is called WatchON, is installed by default on Note 3 and uses irDA (infrared) to control the aforementioned equipment.

There is now another part of this software which works specifically with WatchON and is only for Samsung Galaxy Gear. It is made by Peel. It functions as a remote tv etc. control using the irDA of the phone. So you leave the phone on the sofa looking the TV and can change channels using the Galaxy Gear..
More info here:

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/22/...laxy-note-3s4/

Well I cannot find this specific app for my Galaxy Gear to install it! If anyone has it could you please upload it?
Thanx.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Gear has no IR emitter. There's no hardware to support it, it's impossible.

Mickey_80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbueller View Post
The Gear has no IR emitter. There's no hardware to support it, it's impossible.
Yes I know that it has no IR hardware.
The Gear uses via bluetooth the WatchON app and the IR hardware of Note 3 to send commands to TVs etc.
In other words the Gear is used as a companion to WatchON app which is installed on the phone and sends the commands via BT to the phone which are then transmitted via the IR emitter of the phone to the TV set.
I am trying to find and download the Remote Control app which allows the Galaxy Gear to function as mentioned above.

fbueller
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_80 View Post
Yes I know that it has no IR hardware.
The Gear uses via bluetooth the WatchON app and the IR hardware of Note 3 to send commands to TVs etc.
In other words the Gear is used as a companion to WatchON app which is installed on the phone and sends the commands via BT to the phone which are then transmitted via the IR emitter of the phone to the TV set.
I am trying to find and download the Remote Control app which allows the Galaxy Gear to function as mentioned above.
I'm all for doing tech because you can do it, but that'd be a total waste that I can tell. You'd have to get your phone out, make sure it was pointed at the TV, then use the BT on your watch to control the phone to control the TV?
The Following User Says Thank You to fbueller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

undrwater
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbueller View Post
I'm all for doing tech because you can do it, but that'd be a total waste that I can tell. You'd have to get your phone out, make sure it was pointed at the TV, then use the BT on your watch to control the phone to control the TV?
Haven't seen it, but it sounds like a cool idea to me. If you never have to touch a remote while watching a program, I get that this may seem a bit much. However, when you have multiple interruptions (think kids) and the remote has gotten lost between the pillows, the value of this idea becomes obvious.

I'll see if I can't find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to undrwater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shamrock505
Old
Thanks Meter 10
That app hit the gear store awhile ago and was subsequently pulled within a few days-no idea why-did try it and it was more trouble than it was worth-after a few minutes I ended up uninstalling
The Following User Says Thank You to shamrock505 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock505 View Post
That app hit the gear store awhile ago and was subsequently pulled within a few days-no idea why-did try it and it was more trouble than it was worth-after a few minutes I ended up uninstalling
it sounds rather usefull to me. i have my note 3 connected to TV/projector sometimes, and it's usually pointed at the screen anyway so having the ability to pause/change volume etc from my wrist would be more than cool.