5,596,354 Members 38,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Acer JTAG Pin Outs [WIP]

Tip us?

darkspr1te
Old
(Last edited by darkspr1te; 27th December 2013 at 05:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Let me start todays post off with a small request,
if anyone knows of a guide to using openocd/buspirate to investigate a jtag connection that is totally unknown then please post a link here,
I have read billions (well maybe dozens) of ducuments talking about boundry scans, config files, jtag route controllers but it seems almost none show you, they all are the same, they talk about in a vague way that your already ment to know what they are on about. Gah.

Anyway, i've ran some irscan/drscan commands and i've really got no where, i am confirming that keeping TRSRT low gives you the IDCODE of 0x330173d7 and if high then it errors out and you get all zeros,
ive found some tegra2 setup files for a jtag system called BDI-x0000 and they include a lot of info on the registers which are similar if not the same as tegra3, but the IDCODE is different and it's a different language to openocd, again plenty of documents hint at it being a simple conversion but i dont see it, maybe a case of 'cant see the wood for the trees' but it's not for noobs, which drives me a little insane,

Has anyone seen any docs of nexus 7 jtag ? i mean it's operation/setup not pin outs, i've got copies of that info but not actual irscan/drscan codes or anything.

Well I hope someone can provide a little input.

darkspr1te
And i am double posting again.
New Debrick Tools, See Below:- (I no longer will respond to unsolicited PM's)
Why bother emailing me when you have email switched off for the response!?!?!?!?!
Goto Brixfix V2
My Documentation in debricking Qualcomm Device
[SHV-E160]Rooting & Rom info
Tegrak Clean Roms
Korean Galaxy Note Development/Root/ROMS

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te

darkspr1te
Old
(Last edited by darkspr1te; 2nd January 2014 at 10:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 408
After trying to deal with Acer to resolve the APX issue this is what hapnned
Code:
 Sunil: Hi, my name is Sunil. How may I help you?
 darkspr1te: hello
 Sunil: Hello, darkspr1te.
 darkspr1te: Hi Sunil, happy new year
 darkspr1te: I have a Acer A210 that stopped booting, windows detects it as a Nvidia APX device 
 Sunil: Thank you and same to you.
 Sunil: I am sorry to know about the issue.
 Sunil: Do not worry. I will do my best to resolve the issue.

Sunil: I have the SNID number as 23203532115, is it correct?

darkspr1te: One sec let me double check 
 darkspr1te: yes that is correct 
 Sunil: Thank you for the confirmation.
 darkspr1te: so what is the way forward ?
 Sunil: In order to help you in a better way, please let me know the name of the country you reside now.

Sunil: Sure, I will help you in this regard.
 Sunil: In order to help you in a better way, please let me know the name of the country you reside now.

darkspr1te: i am currently in Zambia, Ive tried for the past two weeks to get support from South Africa which is the closest agent to where I am, please dont tell me that i can only deal with them, they dont answer emails or live chat (i have screen shots and email logs to show this)
 Sunil: I am sorry for that.
 darkspr1te: so what is the way forward ?
 Sunil: Your chat has come through to the Acer UK Support; hence, we are unable to assist with your enquiry. 
We are able to assist UK customers with technical queries for products covered under warranty. 

Sunil: Please click on the link below and select your country. You will then be directed to your local Acer website with the Service and Support section, containing contact details for your local Acer service centre.

Here is the weblink:  http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

darkspr1te: Suni, ive tried that link, i've got nowhere, please I am begging you  to help 
 Sunil: I completely understand your concern, darkspr1te. We are able to assist UK customers with technical queries for products covered under warranty. 

darkspr1te: I am a uk customer, I carry a british passport, I can trace my family back 150 years in uk and I purchased the device in UK. what more do you need? 
 darkspr1te: I am only out of the country on work.
 Sunil: darkspr1te, from our records, I see the unit is purchased in Zambia. We cannot pull any information of the unit.
 darkspr1te: Thats impossible, I personally purchased it in Portsmouth , we have NO ACER agent or reseller here in Zambia
 Sunil: I am sorry for that.
 darkspr1te: Please I am begging you, just give me My Secure Boot key for the device that I purchased and own, i can deal with the rest my self 
 Sunil: Please be online for 2 minutes while I check the information on your query.

darkspr1te: thansk you 
 Sunil: Thank you.
 Sunil: Thank you for staying online. I appreciate your patience.

Sunil: darkspr1te, please let me know the exact issue with the unit to assist you in a better way.

darkspr1te: The unit does not boot, it is only detectedd in windows as Nvidia APX device
 Sunil: Alright.
 darkspr1te: prior to that it rebooted while watching a movie and in the top left it said fastboot error 
 Sunil: Okay.
 Sunil: darkspr1te, I have checked my records, We cannot come to a conclusion regarding the fault without the unit being physically diagnosed by the technician. I request you to contact South Africa Acer support for more information.

darkspr1te: Then can you please provide me with my Secure Boot key for the device so I can resolve the issue myself. 
 Sunil: I am so sorry, We do not have such information available.
 Sunil: Is there anything else I may help you with?     

darkspr1te: actually thats not true,I have a contact in uk who used to work with acer support and he said you can send a BCT config file which is keyed with my boot key and only usable on my device, sadly he left acer otherwise it would be him i would be talking to 
 Sunil: darkspr1te, If we had the options, we would have definitely helped you. we hope you can understand the situation.

darkspr1te: using the BCT file and nvidia NVFLASH i can fix my device in seconds 
 Sunil: We do not have such information available.
 Sunil:  I request you to contact South Africa Acer support for more information.

darkspr1te: then who does 

darkspr1te: south africa HAVE NOT responded at all 
 Sunil: We are able to assist UK customers who reside in UK with technical queries for products covered under warranty. 

darkspr1te: fine
 Sunil: I request you to contact South Africa Acer support for more information.

darkspr1te: you're joking right ?
 Sunil: darkspr1te, If we had the options, we would have definitely helped you. we hope you can understand the situation.

darkspr1te: No I dont understand, I dont know why I have a device that I cannot use because Acer is withholding the key to my own device 
 darkspr1te: you i had a nexus 7 with same tegra3 cpu and they gave me the secure key within a day of me reqquesting it 
 Sunil: darkspr1te, you have contacted Acer UK hardware technical support department and we do not have such information available with us. I request you to contact South Africa Acer support for more information.

Sunil: It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for contacting Acer live chat. Have a nice day.
I will no longer recomend acer devices, I am pulling my github files for the acer as I dont want to be responsable for bricking someone else's device either. I just hope that someone at acer reads this and knows how useless chat/email support is.

darkspr1te
Why bother emailing me when you have email switched off for the response!?!?!?!?!
Goto Brixfix V2
Tegrak Clean Roms

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te

darkspr1te
Old
(Last edited by darkspr1te; 2nd January 2014 at 10:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 408
Another support agent in south africa, who after 3 hours of contant hello's finally answered.

Code:
 Jacques: Hi, my name is Jacques. How may I help you?
 darkspr1te: hello, is there anyone there 
 Jacques: yes can we help you?
 darkspr1te: i have a acer A210 and it's not booting , i was watching a video and it rebooted, in the top left it said fastboot error and now windows only detects Nvidia APX device 
 Jacques: you will have to restore the operating system
 darkspr1te: ok, 
 darkspr1te: how do i do that ?
 Jacques: you can send it in for repair so we can reflash the device
 darkspr1te: Jacques, I am currently not in a situation where that can be done, please I am begging you to assist me with my secure boot key so i can do it, I've sent two tablets to south africa in the past, first one stolen, second one came back still broken ( at the cost of the tablet), i cant afford the third. 
 darkspr1te: i know using nvflash and the BCT file thats linked to my secure boot key will fix the device 
 Jacques: we do not supply the files available for download on any of our sites , so to get assistance you will have to send it for repairs
 darkspr1te: but I cant, please, i am begging. 
 darkspr1te: hello, are you still there 
 Jacques: I'm here
 Jacques: unfortunately nothing more I can assist with as the files you looking for is not available for downbload
 darkspr1te: Please Jacques, I am only asking for the key to my own device, 
 darkspr1te: i can give you the URL for acer Tiawan where acer support perrsonell get the key from 
 darkspr1te: but as i dont have a acer login account i cant get the key for my device 
 darkspr1te: if i had the key i can just use NVFLASH to fix in seconds
 darkspr1te: all you need is the CPUID 
 darkspr1te: which is androidboot.serialno=015d256487300205
 darkspr1te: ?
 darkspr1te: are you still there 
 darkspr1te: anyone there ?
That was support in south africa
darkspr1te
Goto Brixfix V2
Tegrak Clean Roms

비밀의 dark
도화의 spr1te
Tags
tegra3 pinouts bga layout jtag