[Q] Newly Rooted TF101 is resetting time and date

Tip us?

Theziggy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Question [Q] Newly Rooted TF101 is resetting time and date

HI

I got a new (to me - but it looked like new anyway) TF101 for my OH, rooted it using PERI as Easyflasher just would not take, installed KatKiss 4.3 v29 and it is running fine, except, when my OH turns it fully off and restarts it the time resets to 00.00 Jan 01 2000.

This does not happen with my TF101 which is running the same ROM.

I have tried it with both auto time and date and with manual time and date and neither stop this from happening. As soon as she connects to wireless and has auto time/date enabled it corrects itself but I'm curious as to why this is happening. Does the Bios (do tablets have a bios) have a separate battery like PCs have.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks for all help in the past year and have a Great New Year everybody
Ziggy

2 Transformer TF101 Family running KatKiss KitKat (KKKK) 4.4.2 v19 and 4.4.2 v22
TWRP - 2.6.3.0-3
HTC Desire Bravo running CM7 - HTC Desire S rooted via HTC method running stock 4.0 Huawei G300 stock 4.0.3
(plus Palm Zire 72 and Palm Treo 650 still working!!! Zire's battery is on last legs though )

Theziggy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Nobody? Wow didn't think this issue was that rare/difficult.
Ziggy

2 Transformer TF101 Family running KatKiss KitKat (KKKK) 4.4.2 v19 and 4.4.2 v22
TWRP - 2.6.3.0-3
HTC Desire Bravo running CM7 - HTC Desire S rooted via HTC method running stock 4.0 Huawei G300 stock 4.0.3
(plus Palm Zire 72 and Palm Treo 650 still working!!! Zire's battery is on last legs though )