5,605,120 Members 37,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SdCard not mounting in GB :(

Tip us?

rishabhchd19
Old
(Last edited by rishabhchd19; 29th December 2013 at 07:17 PM.) Reason: Forgot to mention that card is 16GB Class 6
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] SdCard not mounting in GB :(

I was using 2.3.3 official Stock Rom but suddenly moved to CM10.1.5 & 10.1.6 and used the partitioned sdcard there to use Link2SD. But drainage battery on wifi problem compelled me to come back with GB. I noticed that the GB, when come back from cm 10, starts giving error " SDcard removed. Insert new one" . If we leave the cellphone as it is for an hour or two, card automatically mounted.
Problem is - there's no problem with sdcard and phone. Sdcard working fine on CM 9 & 10 and mounted normally on startup. But it failed to detect by CM 7.2 and in stock, mounted with some delay. If I use the same SDCARD with other android devices with GB , it works perfectly and working perfectly with Recovery as well as on PC. Getting error with 2.3.3 - 2.3.7. When tried other sdcard of same capacityon GB, GB detects other sdcards, but not mine
I tried formatting with single partition in every format type but all in vain. I did everything but it is not mounting normally on startup with GB (stock and CM 7.2).... I used both KDZ and Recovery Flash method for GB, still Sdcard not mounting. There's nothing wrong with hardware ...what to do? Is there any script that is flashed with 10.0 & 10.1 which troubles my android device to mount my sdcard on GB during startup? In storage it always shows " Total Size - Unavailable"

There's no reason to make the phone or sdcard throw coz there's no fault in them ...fault is with any script that is not updated with flash or kdz....

*Capacity of my sdcard - 16GB

nomancoolboy
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabhchd19 View Post
I was using 2.3.3 official Stock Rom but suddenly moved to CM10.1.5 & 10.1.6 and used the partitioned sdcard there to use Link2SD. But drainage battery on wifi problem compelled me to come back with GB. I noticed that the GB, when come back from cm 10, starts giving error " SDcard removed. Insert new one" . If we leave the cellphone as it is for an hour or two, card automatically mounted.
Problem is - there's no problem with sdcard and phone. Sdcard working fine on CM 9 & 10 and mounted normally on startup. But it failed to detect by CM 7.2 and in stock, mounted with some delay. If I use the same SDCARD with other android devices with GB , it works perfectly and working perfectly with Recovery as well as on PC. Getting error with 2.3.3 - 2.3.7. When tried other sdcard of same capacityon GB, GB detects other sdcards, but not mine
I tried formatting with single partition in every format type but all in vain. I did everything but it is not mounting normally on startup with GB (stock and CM 7.2).... I used both KDZ and Recovery Flash method for GB, still Sdcard not mounting. There's nothing wrong with hardware ...what to do? Is there any script that is flashed with 10.0 & 10.1 which troubles my android device to mount my sdcard on GB during startup? In storage it always shows " Total Size - Unavailable"

There's no reason to make the phone or sdcard throw coz there's no fault in them ...fault is with any script that is not updated with flash or kdz....

*Capacity of my sdcard - 16GB
Your description of problem is complicated.. its mounting after an hour or two after booting. Right?
Try reformatting the sdcard within the recovery ..not with the partition tool ..

And check the format of the primary partition. It should be FAT32 .

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk