[Q] Bricked Galaxy Note GT-N7000 using CWM
Hey Guys. Greetings. I wanted to update my galaxy note [GT-N7000, India] to Android OMNIRom 4.4.2 Kitkat nightly build from Android 4.1.2 [Kernel version DDLSC]. Following steps led to bricking my phone:-
1. I first installed philz custom kernel [Version DDLSC CWM version 18.104.22.168] so that I could have CWM and SU.
2. Then I went to CWM Recovery mode, did factory reset. Then Wipe Cache. Then Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then I tried applying the omnirom update. It failed and gave me some context error and status 7.
3. Then I restored my 4.1.2 image using the CWM recovery only.
4. I booted into 4.1.2 and tried updating the CWM to 22.214.171.124 using ROM Manager. It succeded.
5. I went back again to recovery mode but it said again 126.96.36.199.
6. I tried applying update to CWM from CWM itself. It stuck at something like “replacing the stock recovery….”.
7. I powered off my phone. It went into boot loop once but somehow it started.
8. Then again I went into ROM manager and selected Boot into recovery mode.
9. It bricked my phone. Unable to boot since then. I cannot access recovery mode but I can access download/ODIN mode.
Here’s what I tried to do.
1. Downloaded CWM 188.8.131.52 touch .zip from clockworkmode.com
2. Renamed it to recovery.img.
3. Converted it to tar.md5 using img to tar tool.
4. Using Odin version 3.07, I tried flashing CWM.184.108.40.206.tar.md5 It stucks at NAND Write start.
Please help me recover my phone.
Specs: Samsung Galaxy NOTE GT-N7000
Original firmware: 4.1.2 kernel
16 GB internal usb storage