XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I think its windows.

Tip us?

jbowling93080
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] I think its windows.

I have searched all over for this and cant find it so I apologize if this has been covered.
No matter what I try I cannot get a .img or any .zip to flash in fastboot always says fastboot "cant open file" windows always says file is corrupted when I try to mount the file. done per someone's suggestion. I am positive I am entering the prompts perfectly. I am running windows 8 The only way I have gotten anywhere with my phone is using an AIO kit.

mmuzzy
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowling93080 View Post
I have searched all over for this and cant find it so I apologize if this has been covered.
No matter what I try I cannot get a .img or any .zip to flash in fastboot always says fastboot "cant open file" windows always says file is corrupted when I try to mount the file. done per someone's suggestion. I am positive I am entering the prompts perfectly. I am running windows 8 The only way I have gotten anywhere with my phone is using an AIO kit.
Windows 8 doesn't get along with adb. I have a laptop running Windows 7 which I use instead of my Win8 desktop to do things requiring adb. Win7 or Linux seem to work best for me.
........Toro....|....Toroplus....|....Grouper....|....Mako....|....Manta....|....Maguro

jbowling93080
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
That's kinda what I was thinking. I should just down grade to win 7. I don't like 8 anyways.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

jbowling93080
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default D-A attack is to blame.

I figured i would mess around with fastboot tonight. and I figured out my issue. I was renaming the files .zip and .img and though that was the right way. But no its the name plus .whatever.. man I feel stupid. well I guess they call it learning for a reason.

dottat
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowling93080 View Post
I figured i would mess around with fastboot tonight. and I figured out my issue. I was renaming the files .zip and .img and though that was the right way. But no its the name plus .whatever.. man I feel stupid. well I guess they call it learning for a reason.
Ah so you had the known file extensions hidden. Tbh, I don't know what good ms really thinks they are doing anyone with that "feature"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

jbowling93080
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Ah so you had the known file extensions hidden. Tbh, I don't know what good ms really thinks they are doing anyone with that "feature"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Exactly! Being a noob is hard sometimes. Lol!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk