XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help]I think TWRP bricked my android tablet

Tip us?

viperasap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Help]I think TWRP bricked my android tablet

Well i got this tablet wanted to intall cynagon mod for that i need twrp i installed twrp transfered it to my tablet went into recovery and flashed twrp after it rebooted into TWRP the screen was all fuzzy then the menue came up i could'nt touch anything so i pressed the power buttom it said swipe to unlock but i couldnt touch anything so i held the power off button for 30sec it turn off i turn it back on and it was the exect same thing can someone help me please what do i do ? is it bricked?

pep18
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperasap View Post
Well i got this tablet wanted to intall cynagon mod for that i need twrp i installed twrp transfered it to my tablet went into recovery and flashed twrp after it rebooted into TWRP the screen was all fuzzy then the menue came up i could'nt touch anything so i pressed the power buttom it said swipe to unlock but i couldnt touch anything so i held the power off button for 30sec it turn off i turn it back on and it was the exect same thing can someone help me please what do i do ? is it bricked?
Hi,

I was just wondering: Have you rooted your device and have you installed twrp for your specific device? (I know, sounds like a dumb question, but you'll be suprised how many people install wrong versions). Because if you have rooted your device properly, and you installed twrp (one for your device), then you should be just fine. But I'm afraid that you haven't, and that therefore the screen is all fuzzy. And also, is the screen fuzzy in the twrp menu, or when you are on (e.g) the homescreen? If the second option doesn't apply, then you are not bricked. Please answer and give as much information as possible on what you did, then I might be able to help you. (btw, it's very unlikely that you are hard-bricked and that your device won't be able to be repaired)

(and a happy new year :P )
I eat Roms for breakfast

viperasap
Old
(Last edited by viperasap; 1st January 2014 at 09:33 PM.) Reason: researched a bit
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pep18 View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering: Have you rooted your device and have you installed twrp for your specific device? (I know, sounds like a dumb question, but you'll be suprised how many people install wrong versions). Because if you have rooted your device properly, and you installed twrp (one for your device), then you should be just fine. But I'm afraid that you haven't, and that therefore the screen is all fuzzy. And also, is the screen fuzzy in the twrp menu, or when you are on (e.g) the homescreen? If the second option doesn't apply, then you are not bricked. Please answer and give as much information as possible on what you did, then I might be able to help you. (btw, it's very unlikely that you are hard-bricked and that your device won't be able to be repaired)

(and a happy new year :P )
Yes i root my device before i installed twrp , when i boot my tablet twrp boots up the screens goes alll blurry / fuzzy with colors then it becomes normal recovery menue i installed twrp touch so i should be able to touch the setting but i can't i press the power button and a fuzze Unlock with ''Slide to unlock'' comes up but i can't slide to unlock it.. Oh yeah and it is upside down so i have to turn my tablet upside ..

I think[I know] i installed the wrong version of twrp which does not work for my device, Is there any way i could get rid of this recovery or factory reset?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2341
What kind of tablet do you have? Does the bootloader support fastboot? If so you should be able to flash the proper recovery. If not does adb work when in recovery? You may be able to change it here. Also your OEM may have a download mode to flash firmware, this may be another option.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viperasap
Old
(Last edited by viperasap; 2nd January 2014 at 11:08 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Allwinner A31 table to be precise ubonton u705a
I have tried adb but it just says [waiting for device] so I guess ADB does not work.
I don't know anything about bootloaders it had an option of fastbooting in the power menus if that means anything sorry for my lack of description Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

pep18
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yes i root my device before i installed twrp , when i boot my tablet twrp boots up the screens goes alll blurry / fuzzy with colors then it becomes normal recovery menue i installed twrp touch so i should be able to touch the setting but i can't i press the power button and a fuzze Unlock with ''Slide to unlock'' comes up but i can't slide to unlock it.. Oh yeah and it is upside down so i have to turn my tablet upside ..

I think[I know] i installed the wrong version of twrp which does not work for my device, Is there any way i could get rid of this recovery or factory reset?
I think the easiest would be to just install the right version, the same way you installed this version. You are still able to connect your device to your pc, I guess, so you should be fine. To go back to your stock recovery, find the stock recovery for your device (you can probably find it somewhere here on the forums), and flash it.

Hope this works and good luck
I eat Roms for breakfast
The Following User Says Thank You to pep18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

viperasap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pep18 View Post
I think the easiest would be to just install the right version, the same way you installed this version. You are still able to connect your device to your pc, I guess, so you should be fine. To go back to your stock recovery, find the stock recovery for your device (you can probably find it somewhere here on the forums), and flash it.

Hope this works and good luck
Ok thank you for your help I figured it out thanks !! Happy new year 2014!

pep18
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Ok thank you for your help I figured it out thanks !! Happy new year 2014!
Glad I could help, you too!
I eat Roms for breakfast