XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] twrp backups

Tip us?

teerout
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] twrp backups

are twrp backups non-compatible across different versions? i have been using smartguys version of twrp, and just upgraded to the newer twrp for playing with some newer roms. im done playing and now want to restore to my backup i made...with smartguys version of twrp...with the newer version...and my backup files are not showing in recovery....

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by teerout View Post
are twrp backups non-compatible across different versions? i have been using smartguys version of twrp, and just upgraded to the newer twrp for playing with some newer roms. im done playing and now want to restore to my backup i made...with smartguys version of twrp...with the newer version...and my backup files are not showing in recovery....
They should be compatible. You would have to copy your backups from the old backup folder to the new folder though.
I said should be compatible because I haven't tried it myself yet.
It would probably be best to just flash the old TWRP and restore with that for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to meekrawb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb View Post
They should be compatible. You would have to copy your backups from the old backup folder to the new folder though.
I said should be compatible because I haven't tried it myself yet.
It would probably be best to just flash the old TWRP and restore with that for now.
Edit: Old backups do indeed work with 2.6.3.0.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meekrawb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teerout
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks for the replies meek,
anyway, i had updated TWRP to flash over the kitkat w/ awesomebeats. I got it to work but then...i tried to flash my recovery and couldnt access the recovery files. then, the kitkat awesome beats rom wouldnt let me access my usb storage...grrrr. so, to get back to my recovery files, i downloaded the older version of TWRP through chrome on my phone, and was able to flash it back, and access my recoveries. WOOH!