5,597,138 Members 43,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(SOLVED) Signal issues sice 4.3

Tip us?

planetboe
Old
(Last edited by planetboe; 2nd January 2014 at 03:27 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default (SOLVED) Signal issues sice 4.3

Hi everyone,

since the update to Android 4.3 I'm experiencing some signal issues which makes me think about sending the phone to HTC.
First, after booting up the phone it connects to the GSM/3G network but after a minute or two it looses the signal for a while.
Second, every time i turn on WiFi the phone disconnects from the GSM/3G network. I'm not talking about switching from mobile data to WiFi, i'm talking about disconnecting from the mobile network at all!!! It says "no signal" and i get a little "x" displayed at the status bar every time i turn on WiFi.
These issues had not been present with Android 4.2.2 but with 4.3 it's just annoying.

I tried to avoid this by turning off the energy saving option but it's still the same.

Anyone with the same problem or even a solution?

Regards!

Vicky_7201
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone goes in Unreachable state when power saver is ON after upgrading to 4.3

Hello All,

After upgrading my phone to Android 4.3, i am facing a problem i.e.when in built power saver mode is ON or any other third party application for power saving is activated, then when i am using my phone on 3G it works just fine but after some time when i put the phone in idle mode (screen lock & not using the phone) after some time when i again try to use my phone , my phone's data connection couldn`t start, and when i try to manually switch on the data connection through setting, it shows "Turning On.." & remains in this state. And during this scenario my phone goes in unreachable state, i have to restart my phone to make it working.

Pls help, is there any workaround to eradicate this problem, Am i the only one facing this problem or it is problem in all HTC one after upgrade to 4.3.

Thanks.

Jcc1dls
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default need more info

Please provide more information.

Are you using a m7 m7u M7ul ...etc

Who is your carrier?

What ROM did you update from and what ROM did you install?

What steps did you take?

Did you update the firmware?

Did you wipe cache and dalvek cache?

shdin271
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same issue here.
any solution?

planetboe
Old
(Last edited by planetboe; 26th December 2013 at 07:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcc1dls View Post
Please provide more information.

Are you using a m7 m7u M7ul ...etc

Who is your carrier?

What ROM did you update from and what ROM did you install?

What steps did you take?

Did you update the firmware?

Did you wipe cache and dalvek cache?
I bought a factory SIM unlocked HTC one with CID_102 and I'm using it with an austrian tele.ring SIM card. I didn't perform any software/bootloader/CID or whatever modification at all. I think the device has been shipped with Android 4.1.2, i don't remember. After Android 4.3 OTA update these problems occured. Before 4.3 OTA update i performed the 4.2.2 OTA update and used the phone for a while without any problems at all, until 4.3 OTA was available. Since then these signal issues make me crazy. According to system info the baseband version is 4A.21.3263.04_10.38m.1157.04L and the build number is 3.62.401.1 CL264544
If you need more info let me know!

Regards!

PS: I also performed a factory reset, but it's still the same.

planetboe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Finally, there was a quite simple solution for this issue. I switched from "GSM/WCDMA/LTE automatic" to "GSM/WCDMA automatic" and this problem didn't occur any more.