XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 wifi drops connection

Tip us?

FourPointedFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by xManMythLegend View Post
FWIW I had the same issue until I updated the firmware on my router.
That shouldn't have anything to do with this issue, it's the device. But seemingly coincidentally this worked for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNEBUG-1 View Post
I have set the power saver mode to off a few days ago...works but still drops connection here and their hope an update will fix problem with wifi

sent from far far away !
You tried both options?

First
1. Navigate to System Settings
2. Connections > WiFi
3. Menu > Advanced
4. Uncheck "Allows Allow Scanning" and "Auto Network Switch"

Second
1. Dial *#0011#
2, Menu > WiFi
3. Power Saving Off

(Kudos to QuickVic30, I hadn't seen this before)

After doing both, you're still getting the problem?
Device: LG Nexus 5 (D820) on AT&T's LTE
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11
-Thanks Are Appreciated-

ad78
Old
Thanks Meter 45
if you have adblock plus definitely this is the problem, i had it for a while and noticed affecting my wifi. uninstalled issues gone! replaced it with adaway

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I also had huge problems making WiFi calls, my router had auto update off, once I updated the router I have ZERO issues, so updating router firmware absolutely works for some people and it's relatively easy to do at least with home router. On the other hand when I switched WiFi power saving to OFF as suggested in other posts, it did absolutely nothing, except increased drain on my battery. I had 20% battery drain overnight (about 7 hrs) and my phone would go dead in less than 1.5 days even without being used. After I changed that setting back, now my battery drains 3% over night and lasts me 2 days with moderate use and has still 60% power left. I do realize different people may have different issues and therefore different fixes, but updating firmware of your router does work in many cases, no question about it and the old firmware didn't affect at all my 2 laptops, couple tablets and 2 Galaxy S3, only Note3 had the issue, so it is hard to believe, but it WORKS. And the power drain that I suspect switching "wifi power save" to off created for me, is beyond reasonable, so maybe people should be aware of it as well.