Total noob question

Tip us?

SDQB17
Old
(Last edited by SDQB17; 1st January 2014 at 11:03 PM.) Reason: mistakes
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Total noob question

Hey all...I am just beginning to play around with Zooper and have a question that for some reason I cant find in threads or on how to video's. I have installed ZWP and downloaded a template.zip that I liked on Colorscreen, anyway I have the zip downloaded into the ZWP / Template folder. So once it is there do I need to "install" the zip file? Because when I open zooper I dont see the template to choose from. So i assume it needs to be unzipped and installed somehow. When I click on it to extract it...for some reason rom manager opens and wants to do a pre-install of the zip. Like it would if you downloaded Gapps or something for a rom. I can figure all this out if I can just understand the install of the template in the first place.

It seems everywhere I look all the info is after the template zip is installed. Hope this all makes a lick of sense.

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDQB17 View Post
Hey all...I am just beginning to play around with Zooper and have a question that for some reason I cant find in threads or on how to video's. I have installed ZWP and downloaded a template.zip that I liked on Colorscreen, anyway I have the zip downloaded into the ZWP / Template folder. So once it is there do I need to "install" the zip file? Because when I open zooper I dont see the template to choose from. So i assume it needs to be unzipped and installed somehow. When I click on it to extract it...for some reason rom manager opens and wants to do a pre-install of the zip. Like it would if you downloaded Gapps or something for a rom. I can figure all this out if I can just understand the install of the template in the first place.

It seems everywhere I look all the info is after the template zip is installed. Hope this all makes a lick of sense.
For some links to tutorials and videos, check my thread over in the general section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592419

If you downloaded a zip-file then there are probably multiple skins in there and you need to extract them first. ZArchiver is a good tool for it if you don't have a file manager who supports extracting archives. You should find one ore more zw-files in the zip and those are the ones you need to put into Zooper's template folder.
Mobile: LG Nexus 4 | ROM: Paranoid Android 4.0 + Xposed | Kernel: faux Kernel
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) | ROM: Paranoid Android 3+ | Kernel: faux Kernel

The Following User Says Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SDQB17
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker View Post
For some links to tutorials and videos, check my thread over in the general section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2592419

If you downloaded a zip-file then there are probably multiple skins in there and you need to extract them first. ZArchiver is a good tool for it if you don't have a file manager who supports extracting archives. You should find one ore more zw-files in the zip and those are the ones you need to put into Zooper's template folder.
Outstanding and thank you or the links!