5,595,815 Members 34,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Data connection problem .

Tip us?

ch0cb0mb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having a similar issue with my G2.
After switching off wifi, data won't start.
I have to click search network then it would go on.

Would it be something to do with the modem?

When i had my Samsung gs2, I had problems with random dropouts, then I found a way to flash new modem software and all worked fine with better reception and no dropouts.

edda123
Old
(Last edited by edda123; 5th December 2013 at 02:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I sometimes loose network connection completely (no service) when switching from 3g to 2g or vice versa, no issue with 4g what I've seen.

Though I have this BBS, looks very alarming I must say, does anyone have similar to this:https://db.tt/aKsiw0Xe
https://db.tt/9iMHIZvm

DarkArreis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default issue fixed

hi after a recent software update (mine was D80210c-HKG-XX, build number JDQ39B,...) the data connection issue is solved for me (also made a LG support case).

But my NFC funtcion stopped working now...

bercyy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Same here. Ive got this issue after rooting the G2. It cannot connect to mobile data after Im away from wifi connection. Switch airplain mode on and off helps but its annoying even if u have more email account. Another problem after rooting was freezing and restarting phone after mouse connection. But next day was everything fine and its untill today. Have anyone similar issues with custom roms?

kaluna00
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bercyy View Post
Same here. Ive got this issue after rooting the G2. It cannot connect to mobile data after Im away from wifi connection. Switch airplain mode on and off helps but its annoying even if u have more email account. Another problem after rooting was freezing and restarting phone after mouse connection. But next day was everything fine and its untill today. Have anyone similar issues with custom roms?
I am rooted running Digital Dream on a Verizon VS980 with 12B radio installed. I loose data or go down to 1x all the time. I have to toggle airplane mode or reboot to re-establish 4G connection. Is there something else I can do. I love the phone but the data thing is annoying. Is the antenna really that bad in these phones?
LG G2- Rooted

bercyy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluna00 View Post
I am rooted running Digital Dream on a Verizon VS980 with 12B radio installed. I loose data or go down to 1x all the time. I have to toggle airplane mode or reboot to re-establish 4G connection. Is there something else I can do. I love the phone but the data thing is annoying. Is the antenna really that bad in these phones?
I think and Im almost 100% sure that this must be only software problem, because when the data is runnig, it runs fast and stable. No additional inconvenience.I hope next upgrade (update) will fixt it. However Im really surprising that u have same problem on custom ROM. Im using only airplain mode to switch the data on. I needent to restart device, but it is really really annoying.

bercyy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi everyone, as I wrote before got data connection issue while getting away from wifi. The data cannot start automatic. I found out that it happens only if GSM/ WCDMA /LTE automatic connection is selected in the settings. When I adjust GSM/ WCDMA automatic connection - everything is ok. I was trying automatic switching and runs perfect. So if u dont use LTE, better say if the WCMDA is enought for u, it can be less annoying solution as manualy turn on/ off airplain mode. I hope next update fix this issue at all. Have nice day.

semalt

kaluna00
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bercyy View Post
I think and Im almost 100% sure that this must be only software problem, because when the data is runnig, it runs fast and stable. No additional inconvenience.I hope next upgrade (update) will fixt it. However Im really surprising that u have same problem on custom ROM. Im using only airplain mode to switch the data on. I needent to restart device, but it is really really annoying.
It seems better (still not perfect) I wiped everything including formatting the system partition and re-installed... But thanks for the replay!
Also, I don't have to reboot ... toggleing airplane mode takes care of it, i was just saying reboot is another alternative.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

[QUOTE=bercyy;49874707]Hi everyone, as I wrote before got data connection issue while getting away from wifi. The data cannot start automatic. I found out that it happens only if GSM/ WCDMA /LTE automatic connection is selected in the settings. When I adjust GSM/ WCDMA automatic connection - everything is ok. I was trying automatic switching and runs perfect. So if u dont use LTE, better say if the WCMDA is enought for u, it can be less annoying solution as manualy turn on/ off airplain mode. I hope next update fix this issue at all. Have nice day.

Thanks for the tip.
LG G2- Rooted

dawgwood3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is definitely a software problem, but I have no idea how to fix it... when I first rooted everything was fine (I was on Malladus). Then I went to CM-based ROM and it was still working well.... then I updated my PRL (*228) and things started going south and I haven't been able to get it back working since.

I'm thinking of going back to Stock and starting over from scratch to see if I can fix the problem.... if anyone has an update on this issue I would greatly appreciate some advice!