5,599,135 Members 34,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bootloader.. is different from note3?

Tip us?

torreon901
Old
(Last edited by torreon901; 28th December 2013 at 06:28 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] bootloader.. is different from note3?

Or to be more specific, is the bootloader of the note 3 unlocked yet? If it is what makes it so dificult to have our mega to unlock.

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by torreon901 View Post
Or to be more specific, is the bootloader of the note 3 unlocked yet?
wrong forum man.. this is for the mega, not the note 3

torreon901
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzsidebott View Post
wrong forum man.. this is for the mega, not the note 3
Asa mater of fact I have the mega.. my question us more based if the note 3 bootloadrr is unlocked so we can have the hope that somehow our mega bootloader can be unlocked.

jzsidebott
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Asa mater of fact I have the mega.. my question us more based if the note 3 bootloadrr is unlocked so we can have the hope that somehow our mega bootloader can be unlocked.
check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2525172 it should answer some of your questions.

megalomanic14
Old
Thanks Meter 974
Quote:
Or to be more specific, is the bootloader of the note 3 unlocked yet? If it is what makes it so dificult to have our mega to unlock.

Yes..Every single different device has a unique bootloader, just as they have specific firmware, modems, and kernels. If you mean does the mega i527, have a similar locked bootloader to the att note 3, then yes i believe so. Although, the method would be similar to unlock it, we have yet to break the note 3 n900a, we only have safestrap a custom recovery workaround. I have an att note 3 running safestrap, a note 2 att i317 that just got 4.3 and they locked the bootloader on the 4.3 update so. I guess just be are from now on, all att devices will have locked bootloader unfortunately.

Mega

torreon901
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomanic14 View Post
Yes..Every single different device has a unique bootloader, just as they have specific firmware, modems, and kernels. If you mean does the mega i527, have a similar locked bootloader to the att note 3, then yes i believe so. Although, the method would be similar to unlock it, we have yet to break the note 3 n900a, we only have safestrap a custom recovery workaround. I have an att note 3 running safestrap, a note 2 att i317 that just got 4.3 and they locked the bootloader on the 4.3 update so. I guess just be are from now on, all att devices will have locked bootloader unfortunately.

Mega
Well it seems that there is a lot to do... we will keep waiting for some kind of upgrades on the bootloader..