XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help... MJA ->MK2 cannot

Tip us?

supdawg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Help... MJA ->MK2 cannot

So I got my phone a month ago. Just rooted and kept stock ROM.

Now keeping getting prompt to install MK2... So finally got around to looking at it today.

I downloaded the stockish ROM, but it says I need to be on MK2 before I flash. So Im trying to install MK2 via the instructions here.

I have ODIN and the file, but I cannot get my phone to be recognized on either computer I have when I open ODIN. I've tried to update the drivers, etc and nothing. All it does when I plug in my phone is charge. I dont see the option to change the MTP either.

Just need some help. Im not a newb, but im stuck and have spent a couple hours trying to figure out where to go.

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
So I got my phone a month ago. Just rooted and kept stock ROM.

Now keeping getting prompt to install MK2... So finally got around to looking at it today.

I downloaded the stockish ROM, but it says I need to be on MK2 before I flash. So Im trying to install MK2 via the instructions here.

I have ODIN and the file, but I cannot get my phone to be recognized on either computer I have when I open ODIN. I've tried to update the drivers, etc and nothing. All it does when I plug in my phone is charge. I dont see the option to change the MTP either.

Just need some help. Im not a newb, but im stuck and have spent a couple hours trying to figure out where to go.
You have to put your phone in download mode to use odin. Power off your phone, then while holding down volume press and hold power until it boots into the download mode menu. Select volume up to enter download mode. Now connect your phone to the computer and odin should recognize it.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.6.3.0

supdawg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
You have to put your phone in download mode to use odin. Power off your phone, then while holding down volume press and hold power until it boots into the download mode menu. Select volume up to enter download mode. Now connect your phone to the computer and odin should recognize it.
Thanks... But I've tried this. And while I am in download mode, when I open up ODIN, it screen never goes green. So I know it doesnt recognize the phone. I've tried to close and reopen the app and unplug and replug the phone, which usually solves this issue to no avail. Its like it doesn't recognize the phone at all... Which I used the same computer to root the phone in the first place, so totally weird to me.

frostedunit
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Make sure that you are using the latest version of Odin (3.09?) and running it as an administrator. If you have Kies installed, uninstall it. If all that fails, uninstall and reinstall the Samsung drivers. Should fix the problem.

And you are just trying install the MK2 modem correct?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

patrockss
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Get a new USB cable if all else fails I have had 4 stock Samsung cables ( the white one's ) go bad just FYI..
The Following User Says Thank You to patrockss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

supdawg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Was the USB cable!
The Following User Says Thank You to supdawg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]