XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat update coming for A110 and most of the Canvas devices

Tip us?

Nishanthk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Post KitKat update coming for A110 and most of the Canvas devices

This is the latest leak by @mmxnewscaster, seems like Micromax will be releasing updates for all its Canvas devices include A110. Check it out.

http://technoterminal.com/leak-micro...mobile-phones/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nishanthk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnNaMeD__
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I hope that I can enjoy 4.4 on my C2

help chahiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I hope the news is true. Can canvas 2 handle kitkat?

Sent from my Canvas 2 working on stock jellybean 4.1.1

mufti.arfan
Old
Thanks Meter 847

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by help chahiyo View Post
I hope the news is true. Can canvas 2 handle kitkat?

Sent from my Canvas 2 working on stock jellybean 4.1.1
Kitkat is kind of less resource monster, so it will fly on a phone like canvas 2.

Sent from my potato chamber using xda app-developers app
WORKED AS A TESTER AND 'HALF'-DEVELOPER FOR CM7 PORTS AND CUSTOM ROMS FOR GALAXY 5 @ MadTeam FORUMS, QUITE LEARNER

The Following User Says Thank You to mufti.arfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dkc379
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I wouldn't get my hopes up. The canvas 2 is a old device now. Micromax has already given us the jellybean update. Kitkat might be less of a resource hogger but our phone is old and the company would rather update new devices so they can have more sales.

ankitaggarwal001
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkc379 View Post
I wouldn't get my hopes up. The canvas 2 is a old device now. Micromax has already given us the jellybean update. Kitkat might be less of a resource hogger but our phone is old and the company would rather update new devices so they can have more sales.
Today, most android phones are bought keeping future updates in mind, any firm that doesn't update old devices will not be percieved well in the market, hence although MMX may not want it, but they have to do it, as a sort of proof that yes, they too care about customers and after sales services.
plus mmxcaster, generally tells the truth with respect to mmx devices and updates.

dkc379
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitaggarwal001 View Post
Today, most android phones are bought keeping future updates in mind, any firm that doesn't update old devices will not be percieved well in the market, hence although MMX may not want it, but they have to do it, as a sort of proof that yes, they too care about customers and after sales services.
plus mmxcaster, generally tells the truth with respect to mmx devices and updates.
mmxcaster might tell the truth but lets face it. Micromax is a small time company that takes chinese phones and rebrands them (Usually). They've already given out a jellybean update so I don't expect much more. Sorry to throw out such negativity, i'm just stating that don't get your hopes up.
The Following User Says Thank You to dkc379 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

littleromeo
Old
(Last edited by littleromeo; 1st January 2014 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I don't know if it's true but if it is, my next mobile will be from mmx too.
Now a reasonable thinking says this is to good to be true. Also no one has released kitkat for mtk6577 yet.

Edit:Couple of people posted on fb community confirming this from micromax service centers.Hope it's true.

jatin@1
Old
(Last edited by jatin@1; 2nd January 2014 at 03:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 366
Howz about this image?
An official response from mmx..
Now I really think that we should not take this too seriously.
"the higher you are, the deeper you fall"
Don't keep your hopes too high. Lets keep our fingers crossed. But at the same time assume this all as a rumor for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388675881211.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	2489530  

vickeye
Old
Thanks Meter 2
tats great

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tags