5,596,128 Members 33,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possibly switching to the HTC One

Tip us?

Fu5ion
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Another one that just dropped that you could try is ViperOne by Venom team, lots of people love it. I'm sticking with bonestock for the time being though, because I'm getting great battery life, which is a major priority for me.

Correct, now that you've got that flashed, you don't need to worry about it until a new update comes out. The rumrunner custom hboot is optional. It gives a full set if fastboot commands, and a few other things. I'm currently using it. Beware that its based off of the .15 hboot (not the newest) until he updates it. However I'm still using it with absolutely no issues. When/if beaups gets it updated, I'll do that.

As far as what hboot is, its pretty much the bootloader. Think of it like the BIOS on a PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fu5ion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crawshayi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu5ion View Post
Another one that just dropped that you could try is ViperOne by Venom team, lots of people love it. I'm sticking with bonestock for the time being though, because I'm getting great battery life, which is a major priority for me.

Correct, now that you've got that flashed, you don't need to worry about it until a new update comes out. The rumrunner custom hboot is optional. It gives a full set if fastboot commands, and a few other things. I'm currently using it. Beware that its based off of the .15 hboot (not the newest) until he updates it. However I'm still using it with absolutely no issues. When/if beaups gets it updated, I'll do that.

As far as what hboot is, its pretty much the bootloader. Think of it like the BIOS on a PC.
I actually want to stick with a (near) stock rom so bonestock is perfect for me right now. I might try Viper at some point, but I'm going to take it slow. I'm thinking in a few months I'll probably want to find a good KitKat rom to jump on. I guess if that Hboot is older I'll just skip the hassle of flashing it then, the red text doesn't bother me and I don't plan on using the extra commands any time soon.

I know I've said this already but you've been really awesome and helpful through this. I'm definitely a happy convert. Thanks
Verizon HTC One
rom/NuSenseSIX
kernel/ElementalX

Fu5ion
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawshayi View Post
I actually want to stick with a (near) stock rom so bonestock is perfect for me right now. I might try Viper at some point, but I'm going to take it slow. I'm thinking in a few months I'll probably want to find a good KitKat rom to jump on. I guess if that Hboot is older I'll just skip the hassle of flashing it then, the red text doesn't bother me and I don't plan on using the extra commands any time soon.

I know I've said this already but you've been really awesome and helpful through this. I'm definitely a happy convert. Thanks
Anytime man, I'm glad I could help you out. If you need any help going forward, let me know, I'm always available on hangouts