5,601,062 Members 45,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin Fail

Tip us?
 
Rapper96
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2012
Unhappy [Q] Odin Fail

Hi guys. My problem is that i can't use Odin. I can't flash rooted firmware, i can't flash recovery, simple: Nothing.
I managed to root it without the USB cable. But i waited for Samsung to launch official 4.4. You know they won't .
Problem:
I want to flash the 4,4 KitKat Cyanogen Mod 11 but i can't.
I can't flash custom recovery.
Odin always fails.

<ID:0/014> Removed!!
<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.7-golden.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/016> Odin v.3 engine (ID:16)..
<ID:0/016> File analysis..
<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What's the problem ?!
 
koragg97
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 221
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapper96 View Post
Hi guys. My problem is that i can't use Odin. I can't flash rooted firmware, i can't flash recovery, simple: Nothing.
I managed to root it without the USB cable. But i waited for Samsung to launch official 4.4. You know they won't .
Problem:
I want to flash the 4,4 KitKat Cyanogen Mod 11 but i can't.
I can't flash custom recovery.
Odin always fails.

<ID:0/014> Removed!!
<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.7-golden.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/016> Odin v.3 engine (ID:16)..
<ID:0/016> File analysis..
<ID:0/016> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/016> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<ID:0/016> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What's the problem ?!
if you wanna install custom CWM Recovery just go to the playstore and download ROM Manager. From the settings of that app you can download CWM Recovery. Then you download the CM 11.0 zip file and place it on your sd card (doesn't matter which one), then go to recovery by turning off your phone and starting in up again but while holding the volume up + home + power button until you enter CWM Recovery. Then you go to install zip from external/internal sd card (depends where you've put the CM 11.0 zip file). use the volume buttons to scroll over the options and press the power button once when you've highlighted the option you need. At first it might seem that it has crashed, cause it just sits there checking md5 but just leave it for a couple of mins and it will install the ROM. Hope i helped
 
Rapper96
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
if you wanna install custom CWM Recovery just go to the playstore and download ROM Manager. From the settings of that app you can download CWM Recovery. Then you download the CM 11.0 zip file and place it on your sd card (doesn't matter which one), then go to recovery by turning off your phone and starting in up again but while holding the volume up + home + power button until you enter CWM Recovery. Then you go to install zip from external/internal sd card (depends where you've put the CM 11.0 zip file). use the volume buttons to scroll over the options and press the power button once when you've highlighted the option you need. At first it might seem that it has crashed, cause it just sits there checking md5 but just leave it for a couple of mins and it will install the ROM. Hope i helped
Yeah i forgot the most simple option . But I want to know why Odin always fails, because I will need it if i brick my phone, don't I ?
 
soulmate53
Old
#4  
soulmate53's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 73
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapper96 View Post
Yeah i forgot the most simple option . But I want to know why Odin always fails, because I will need it if i brick my phone, don't I ?
Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
- Repeat procedure.
- Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
- Change USB port.
- Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
- Try another Odin version.
- Uninstall and re-install Samsung driver.
- Try another computer.
- Run Odin as administrator
- Turn off antivirus
Check this link , this contains Odin flash able Cm11 and TWRP.... from NewMaclaw...

Hit if i helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulmate53 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
koragg97
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 221
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sofia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapper96 View Post
Yeah i forgot the most simple option . But I want to know why Odin always fails, because I will need it if i brick my phone, don't I ?
check and see if you have enabled USB Debugging in Developer Options (mine is always on as i try new brickable stuff often ;D)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes