XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stability

Tip us?

napajs13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Stability

Hi, I really wanted to flash one of the exciting Roms available, but was concerned about and device hardware failure rate. I have an Amaze from the day it came out and had a custom rom since then and have had 0 problems. I just want to be confident as I am afraid of warranty issues since I love this phone now. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by napajs13 View Post
Hi, I really wanted to flash one of the exciting Roms available, but was concerned about and device hardware failure rate. I have an Amaze from the day it came out and had a custom rom since then and have had 0 problems. I just want to be confident as I am afraid of warranty issues since I love this phone now. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Some poster claiming to be Samsung employee said they all get extra insurance from T-Mo Asurion (spelling??), since they won't bother checking the Knox flag, which will be tripped during flashing, but you would need to reflash to stock, before warranty exchange. So in case phone goes belly up, you pay $0 (no damage), to $175 (damage/lost) and probably get refurbished replacement. In general, most electronics either fail soon after purchase, or last at least couple yrs and I'm not aware of any major issues so far either with Note 3 or Note 2 for that matter. I would think there is much bigger chance you'll brick it flashing ROM's, than genuine failure. Also things most likely to fail like battery, charging/USB port (had that on cheap Chinese tablet withing 1st month) are inexpensive and easy to fix DIY.
The Following User Says Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

napajs13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you that a brick or hardware failure would happen first. Well, I guess I will flash a rom with confidence!