XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I messed up my phone

Tip us?

rikku1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] I messed up my phone

Hi, everyone, I am new here and I am really in need of help...
My handset is n7100. My previous rom is AllianceROM 4.1.2. I tried to flash phoenix rom v16. After that I have a problem with external sd card space. I think that might be due to abnormally working Extsd2internalsd mod. Because I can see a folder named sdcard0.
After that, I restored to AllianceROM but the problem came up, the external sd card is always reset after I reboot my phone. Everytime I reboot my phone, my extsd card seems to be reset. That means no matter what files or folders I moved into extSD before reboot, I will lose them after reboot, what I will have on the card is always 6 folders: android, data, DCIM, LOST.DIR, Movie, and titanium backup files. All other zip files I tried to put in the card (I tried to re-flash a rom) will be lost after reboot, no matter nomal reboot or reboot into Philz recovery. It is quite strange to me and I really don't know how to do this because I cannot flash anything from external sd....I also tried format extsd and reset to factory, didnt work, I also tried to remove the mod according to thread about the mod(extsd2internalsd) and my etc/init.d folder is empty....

Any thoughts would be welcome and thank you all for helping me out

sadeshmagic
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1983 View Post
Hi, everyone, I am new here and I am really in need of help...
My handset is n7100. My previous rom is AllianceROM 4.1.2. I tried to flash phoenix rom v16. After that I have a problem with external sd card space. I think that might be due to abnormally working Extsd2internalsd mod. Because I can see a folder named sdcard0.
After that, I restored to AllianceROM but the problem came up, the external sd card is always reset after I reboot my phone. Everytime I reboot my phone, my extsd card seems to be reset. That means no matter what files or folders I moved into extSD before reboot, I will lose them after reboot, what I will have on the card is always 6 folders: android, data, DCIM, LOST.DIR, Movie, and titanium backup files. All other zip files I tried to put in the card (I tried to re-flash a rom) will be lost after reboot, no matter nomal reboot or reboot into Philz recovery. It is quite strange to me and I really don't know how to do this because I cannot flash anything from external sd....I also tried format extsd and reset to factory, didnt work, I also tried to remove the mod according to thread about the mod(extsd2internalsd) and my etc/init.d folder is empty....

Any thoughts would be welcome and thank you all for helping me out
Well the first thing you should do is try a second sd card to see if the problem persists... maybe yours is somehow faulty... secondly ... are you sure you got the sd card path right? try going to the root folder through a file manager... then go into storage or sdcard...it varies...inside that folder youll see a number of storage folders...check to see if any one of them is your ext sd card folder? maybe it resets everything because it really didnt get copied...really hope it works...good luck

-зADESH- о
Street Magic At Its Best

If I've helped you...please help me by hitting the thanks button