Tip us?

souleater11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Tmobile Wifi tether block

hi everyone,
I just want to ask.

This question is for those android smartphone users with prepaid and postpaid tmobile plans who use 3rd party wifi tethering apps.

If tmobile send you a notification of wifi tethering blocks, does that also mean that you can not access your phone's 4G internet connection?

ozzmanj1
Old
Thanks Meter 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by souleater11 View Post
hi everyone,
I just want to ask.

This question is for those android smartphone users with prepaid and postpaid tmobile plans who use 3rd party wifi tethering apps.

If tmobile send you a notification of wifi tethering blocks, does that also mean that you can not access your phone's 4G internet connection?

Tried to use wifi tether on my Nexus 5 and it was a no go. Other phones saw the wifi and could connect to my phone but could not use the network.

souleater11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzmanj1 View Post
Tried to use wifi tether on my Nexus 5 and it was a no go. Other phones saw the wifi and could connect to my phone but could not use the network.
Thanks for your reply ozzmanj,
however, you misundertood my question so I will paraphrase it.

If Tmobile network blocks your wifi tethering (from a 3rd party app), will your phone's 4G internet connection be block too ?

spazzynexus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by souleater11 View Post
Thanks for your reply ozzmanj,
however, you misundertood my question so I will paraphrase it.

If Tmobile network blocks your wifi tethering (from a 3rd party app), will your phone's 4G internet connection be block too ?
T-Mobile will only block wifi tethering. So you should still have your regular data to use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app