5,594,386 Members 37,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unbrick in fastboot mode?

Tip us?

Roogephy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to unbrick in fastboot mode?

I did some thing stupidly. It seems that I formated the boot partion. So now I can just enter fastboot mode.Please tell me how to unbrick it . Thank you very much.

S_transform
Old
(Last edited by S_transform; 2nd January 2014 at 02:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roogephy View Post
I did some thing stupidly. It seems that I formated the boot partion. So now I can just enter fastboot mode.Please tell me how to unbrick it . Thank you very much.
Someone more intelligent than I can definitely step in if I'm wrong, but unless you can get adb I don't know that there is much you can do. There was a thread a little while ago about resetting by holding the power button for a really long time, but I don't remember the details. You could try that?

link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575712

no idea if it would work without more details, but I guess its worth a shot.

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_transform View Post
Someone more intelligent than I can definitely step in if I'm wrong, but unless you can get adb I don't know that there is much you can do. There was a thread a little while ago about resetting by holding the power button for a really long time, but I don't remember the details. You could try that?

link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575712

no idea if it would work without more details, but I guess its worth a shot.
Hmmmm... How do you come to the conclusion that you wiped the kernel? or do you mean the bootloader? You would have to be pretty precise in wiping the bootloader. That is no easy thing on an HDX & it's secured bootloader partition. Unless you have a 7" and did something silly with SafeStrap. BTW, fastboot is secure on the HDX. For fastboot to work, even for OTA updates, it actually has to pass a command from a script in the update package & reboot.

What EXACTLY did you do?

Also, just my opinion, but it is much easier to run down issues & fix problems with Linux than Windows.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology: