XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Nexus 7 (and tablet) User

Tip us?

TemplarWithin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default New Nexus 7 (and tablet) User

Hello there! I've recently acquired a nexus 7 tablet from a friend of mine and I've been scratching my head over and over to find an use for it. I don't know if its just me, but i cant find any pointers or startups on what can you really do on a tablet, or specifically, what should i be tweaking or exploring to start loving this device. That said, i would like to ask some input on how do you start using tablets? What do you recommend to check out? What am i missing to really start loving my nexus 7?

I thank you all beforehand, and i hope this turns out to be an enlightening experience.

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 518

DONATE TO ME
Tablets are great for multimedia: reading, watching movies/TV, music, surfing the web, social networking etc. Unless I don't have my tablet on me, I use it for everything instead of my phone. It's nice for browsing G+ and XDA too. I guess it's just more useful because of a bigger screen.

I'm not a gamer, but I know a lot of people on here do a lot of gaming on their tablets.

I guess you just have to experiment and see what you like using it for. It's a Nexus device, so there are tons of ROMs, kernels, and tweaks available, and that stuff is a lot of fun to mess around with.
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile LTE: CM 11 + hells-core + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked )|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1616
I do the same things I do with my phone....But it's bigger. More games on tab, but that's about it. Saves my phone battery at home when I use the tab instead.

Boring right? Lol

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone.....

layt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I m using my N7 in car installation. Navigation, Multimedia, etc. Finest tablet!

xateeq
Old
Thanks Meter 149
In my country there is big issue of power outage so in summers i use ota and watch movies all day and rest of the year it just sits there or i read news articles on it.

Please ignore my spelling mistakes. English is not my native language.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."