[Q] Backups not restoring...

Tip us?

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat888 View Post
Hi, I assume it's Knox 0x1 as I have rooted and custom recovery'ed it, how do you tell..??
Ok, after going through every single folder, I have now found a folder under Data/Media/clockworkmod/ which contains amongst other things another folder called backup, that had 3 backups in it, amounting to 8.27GB data..!

Now I have deleted those (as I have other CWM backups on the ext/sd) and I have some room to move again but my question is now, can I somehow reset the phone (not ext/sd) and all of it's contents completely back to stock, CWM has messed things up a bit with 1970 folder/file dates all over the place..??

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
Quote:
Ok, after going through every single folder, I have now found a folder under Data/Media/clockworkmod/ which contains amongst other things another folder called backup, that had 3 backups in it, amounting to 8.27GB data..!

Now I have deleted those (as I have other CWM backups on the ext/sd) and I have some room to move again but my question is now, can I somehow reset the phone (not ext/sd) and all of it's contents completely back to stock, CWM has messed things up a bit with 1970 folder/file dates all over the place..??
That's the main reason I don't like cwm, too many blob folders to make manually cleaning then up easy.

I don't know the i9505 that well but if there is an odin flashable tar file of your current firmware I'd flash that. Then do a factory reset in the stock recovery. That will return your device to like new. You will lose all your apps and data so backup anything you want to keep before you do this

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
That's the main reason I don't like cwm, too many blob folders to make manually cleaning then up easy.

I don't know the i9505 that well but if there is an odin flashable tar file of your current firmware I'd flash that. Then do a factory reset in the stock recovery. That will return your device to like new. You will lose all your apps and data so backup anything you want to keep before you do this
yes, that's exactly what I was thinking I might have to do... Any ideas/directions as to where the 'odin flashable file of XXUEMK8' would be, I've looked in the i9505 forum but can't find it..?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
Quote:
yes, that's exactly what I was thinking I might have to do... Any ideas/directions as to where the 'odin flashable file of XXUEMK8' would be, I've looked in the i9505 forum but can't find it..?
Check on sammobile.com. you'll have to register but it's free. You'll down load a zip file. Use 7-zip to extract the .tar.md5 file from it. Use that in Odin

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Check on sammobile.com. you'll have to register but it's free. You'll down load a zip file. Use 7-zip to extract the .tar.md5 file from it. Use that in Odin
Thanks, I searched for i9505 but there is a firmware for every country except the UK or MK8 listed ..?

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2259
Quote:
Thanks, I searched for i9505 but there is a firmware for every country except the UK or MK8 listed ..?
Looks like there is an mk8 for UK btu. Not sure what carrier you're on

Conito11
Old
Thanks Meter 40
You have to enable selinux enforcing to make nandroid backups. Philz recovery can do that.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Looks like there is an mk8 for UK btu. Not sure what carrier you're on
Oh, I couldn't see it..? The phone is unbranded but I use O2...

topcat888
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conito11 View Post
You have to enable selinux enforcing to make nandroid backups. Philz recovery can do that.

Where can I read more about that..?

Conito11
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Don't know. .. Flash Philz recovery and enable that setting, then make nandroid.