XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Flashing Split View by Bigfau

Tip us?

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Help Flashing Split View by Bigfau

I am wanting to install the LG G Flex Split View mod by Bigfau on my rooted LG G2 but I do not know how to "Flash in recovery and reboot."

Can anyone help me through this process? I was reading up on the flash guide here on the forum and saw that I needed a custom recovery installed before flashing. Is this really needed to just add the split view feature? If so, how can I go about doing this?

thx

vPro97
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphiphooray View Post
I am wanting to install the LG G Flex Split View mod by Bigfau on my rooted LG G2 but I do not know how to "Flash in recovery and reboot."

Can anyone help me through this process? I was reading up on the flash guide here on the forum and saw that I needed a custom recovery installed before flashing. Is this really needed to just add the split view feature? If so, how can I go about doing this?

thx
yea, unfortunately, a custom recovery is needed to flash any mods or zips. It does not work with stock recovery. The only thing you can flash with stock recovery is a rom, but since you need gapps and so on for the rom to work properly, you need a custom recovery.

I find TWRP the easiest recovery to work with, here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2449679

Sean473
Old
Thanks Meter 86
There is no need for custom recovery... Use the Flash Gordon app from play store. All you need is root and busybox. You can flash zips but not ROMS..

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
New Phone: 16GB LG G2 D802
Past Phones: Nokia 6600 Slide, 16GB iPhone 4 Black, 16GB Pearl Blue Samsung Galaxy S3 lag edition, 16 GB Black Xperia Z1 C6903

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Hmmm, two different answers. :P Thanks for the quick replies though.

I don't think I need any roms, I am just trying to take the zip file mod in the link and get it working on my stock LG G2. I know it will work on the stock Verizon phone, but I have no idea how to do the flashing.

If I use an app from the play store, I read that it may, "lack the ability to wipe the Dalvik cache (affecting the JIT compiler)." Will this be a problem for me?

vPro97
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Hmmm, two different answers. :P Thanks for the quick replies though.

I don't think I need any roms, I am just trying to take the zip file mod in the link and get it working on my stock LG G2. I know it will work on the stock Verizon phone, but I have no idea how to do the flashing.

If I use an app from the play store, I read that it may, "lack the ability to wipe the Dalvik cache (affecting the JIT compiler)." Will this be a problem for me?
Please listen to him then, but my experience is not the same.

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
Please listen to him then, but my experience is not the same.
I'll go ahead and try it out later today. I am not against installing a custom recovery if it is useful later. But I don't plan on installing any custom roms ever. Is there any use for a custom recovery outside of custom roms that cannot be accomplished by Flash Gordon App?

vPro97
Old
(Last edited by vPro97; 2nd January 2014 at 08:08 PM.) Reason: Added a question, thanks!
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
I'll go ahead and try it out later today. I am not against installing a custom recovery if it is useful later. But I don't plan on installing any custom roms ever. Is there any use for a custom recovery outside of custom roms that cannot be accomplished by Flash Gordon App?
The ability to backup your device (make a NANDROID, as it is called). If you have a rooted device and intend to mess with it, I would say that a nandroid backup is a must . The good thing about a nandroid, something which Titanium Backup can't is to restore the whole system and boot. On the other hand, you might find some apps missing, so it's best to back up apps though Titanium Backup and your system/boot etc through Custom Recovery.

Oh and by the way, please tell me how the split-view thingy works once you have done it

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
The ability to backup your device (make a NANDROID, as it is called). If you have a rooted device and intend to mess with it, I would say that a nandroid backup is a must . The good thing about a nandroid, something which Titanium Backup can't is to restore the whole system and boot. On the other hand, you might find some apps missing, so it's best to back up apps though Titanium Backup and your system/boot etc through Custom Recovery.

Oh and by the way, please tell me how the split-view thingy works once you have done it
I have busybox installed and flash gordon ready to go. About to try it out now. Hopefully it works... /crossfingers

vPro97
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
I have busybox installed and flash gordon ready to go. About to try it out now. Hopefully it works... /crossfingers
I wish you a smooth, error-free process

hiphiphooray
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Did not work with busybox + flash gordon. Seems the .zip contains some system files which are not able to be edited through flash gordon. I'll try to install a custom rom then I guess.