5,593,587 Members 38,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where can i get 257 OTA update?

Tip us?

will527
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Where can i get 257 OTA update?

Hi, i recently down grade my C6903 to 534 and successfully root (thx to XDA), when i try to update the 257 and it's gone. they change to 290 now and i dont want it since it will lose the right of root. Is there any method update to 257 beside flashtool?

if i use flashtool update to 257, will i still have my apps and personal stuff after update? because when i down grade to 534, flashtool wipe out everything in my phone even i make sure i didnt mark wipe out my stuff (and i didnt update at that moment). so i dont want to re-install my stuff again.

if i use flashtool update to 257, will the right of root still exist?

Please advice me how to get 257 update with most less effort (as long as i can keep my apps and personal stuff).

will527
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone can help?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

will527
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anyone can help ??

TagEHeuer
Old
(Last edited by TagEHeuer; 2nd January 2014 at 06:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by will527 View Post
anyone can help ??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2505796

Flashing won't delete your data. Make sure you've unticked data and app wipe in Flashtool before flashing. Always make a backup in case though!!

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.
The Following User Says Thank You to TagEHeuer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TagEHeuer View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2505796

Flashing won't delete your data. Make sure you've unticked data and app wipe in Flashtool before flashing. Always make a backup in case though!!
That won't work in his case, he already flashed and rooted 534 but he is getting OTA to 290 and not 257.
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just2Cause For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4190

DONATE TO ME
Only thing you can try is to flash 290 through OTA.
If you flash 257 without wiping data via Flashtool you'll preserve your data but lose root.

290 OTA probably won't keep your root but that's the only thing you can try...or to flash ROM from XDA

Sent from my Z1

Just2Cause
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
If your phone's bootloader is unlock-able, then you can back TA partition, unlock bootloader, install recovery, flash Supersu.zip, flash kernel from FTF (Don't wipe anything, exclude everything but kernel), then restore TA partition from your backup.

This way you will have a fully rooted Xperia Z1 Android 4.2 14.1.G.2.257

Regards,
~J2C
Don't forget to hit the THANKS button! If I helped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Just2Cause For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
257 z1