[Q] ROm Flashing issue

Tip us?

alex8525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] ROm Flashing issue

Hello,

I am trying to flash CleanRom 7.0 or any JB rom on my HTC One X (AT&T) but always gets stuck in bootloop (phone does not go past boot screen after flashing). This is what i have done.

The phone is on AT&T 1.82 stock room (rooted, SuperCID, S-Off). The phone was on some older HBoot version so I upgraded it to 2.15. Radio is 0.17.32.09.12. And I have TWRP recovery.

So I made a nadroid backup in recovery and than tried to install AT&T 3.82 rooted (downloaded from XDA, may be without radio and all). After successful flashing when I tried to reboot the system it got stuck on AT&T boot screen. So I rebooted in recovery and wiped everything. After that I tried to install CleanROM 7.0 R2 and same thing happened and even I tried latest elemental kernel but same thing is keep happening.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
At&t 3.82 rooted ROM? Where did you download that? It doesn't look familiar. What are your bootloader details? Which version of TWRP? How did you upgrade your hboot?

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex8525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
At&t 3.82 rooted ROM? Where did you download that? It doesn't look familiar. What are your bootloader details? Which version of TWRP? How did you upgrade your hboot?

Sent from my Evita
Hey,

Thanks for reply. Sorry I think I mis-wrote it. It's AT&T 3.18 ROM from following link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181891

I will check and let you know TWRP version when I get back home. I am not sure about the bootloader details either, what you need to know about the boot loader to help me?

I upgraded hboot by upgrading firmware to 2.15 by using instructions at one of the threads at xda (using adb and fastboot commands and pushing a 2.15 zip to device when it is in bootloader).

Note that I was never able to install any custom ROM on HTC One X. I rooted it before a year or so tried to install CleanROM 5.1 (I guess) but it din't work. I also tried few other ROMs but nothing worked and I gave up. Recently I read that I may need to update Hboot to flash the ROMs. So I did it (had a hard time installing drivers on windows 8 and ultimately have to try winXP!). Still after all this it is not working.

Let me know if you can suggest something based on this.

Thanks

phonegeekjr
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex8525 View Post
Hey,

Thanks for reply. Sorry I think I mis-wrote it. It's AT&T 3.18 ROM from following link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181891

I will check and let you know TWRP version when I get back home. I am not sure about the bootloader details either, what you need to know about the boot loader to help me?

I upgraded hboot by upgrading firmware to 2.15 by using instructions at one of the threads at xda (using adb and fastboot commands and pushing a 2.15 zip to device when it is in bootloader).

Note that I was never able to install any custom ROM on HTC One X. I rooted it before a year or so tried to install CleanROM 5.1 (I guess) but it din't work. I also tried few other ROMs but nothing worked and I gave up. Recently I read that I may need to update Hboot to flash the ROMs. So I did it (had a hard time installing drivers on windows 8 and ultimately have to try winXP!). Still after all this it is not working.

Let me know if you can suggest something based on this.

Thanks
Ok so you need to give us more info
Are you s-off
What version of twrp do you have
These things matter when you flash a rom. If you are s-on you need to flash boot.img after flashing. Just do
Fastboot flash boot.img

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk
Phonegeekjr

HTC ONE XL
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 2.18
PhoenixROM 1.0.5 but varies

Sprint HTC ONE
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 1.56
Bad Boyz Sense 6 ROM 1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to phonegeekjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex8525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegeekjr View Post
Are you s-off
These things matter when you flash a rom. If you are s-on you need to flash boot.omg after flashing.

Yes I am S-Off. I will let you know the version of TWRP when I get back home since I don't have phone with me right now. By the way I used goomanager to update TWRP, if that helps.

Thanks,

alex8525
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegeekjr View Post
Are you s-off
These things matter when you flash a rom. If you are s-on you need to flash boot.img after flashing. Just do
Fastboot flash boot.img

One more thing, I am using TWRP to flash the ROM. Is it a correct way? or I need to flash it using fastboot commands (like you suggested for boot.img)?

I am not much fammilier with TWRP and HTC One X so.

Thanks

phonegeekjr
Old
Thanks Meter 59
K so if you are s-off then you can just flash it. If you wernt then you would need to flash boot.img. now you can try to flash the boot.img. it might not fix it but start small and work up.

Phonegeekjr

HTC ONE XL
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 2.18
PhoenixROM 1.0.5 but varies

Sprint HTC ONE
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 1.56
Bad Boyz Sense 6 ROM 1.1

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex8525 View Post
One more thing, I am using TWRP to flash the ROM. Is it a correct way? or I need to flash it using fastboot commands (like you suggested for boot.img)?

I am not much fammilier with TWRP and HTC One X so.

Thanks
TWRP is the correct way to install ROMs, but I have a feeling that your current version of TWRP is your problem. Some (2.4.x, 2.5.x) are buggy and have major problems. If your TWRP version is either of those that I've just mentioned you can update it to a known bug-free version like this:

Download the modified version of TWRP*2.6 from here. Put the file in your fastboot folder. Connect phone in fastboot mode, open command prompt from within fastboot folder, issue the following commands:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery "filename.img"
(the exact filename, minus the talking marks)

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Code:
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

phonegeekjr
Old
Thanks Meter 59
That's the reason I asked what twrp version he had