XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't edit contacts??

Tip us?

siciliano777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Can't edit contacts??

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I go into contacts, pick a contact, then edit (the pencil icon), and it doesn't let me add or change any fields! Everything is grayed out. If I tap on one of the fields it says "cannot edit from this app". Anyone have a solution to this?

siciliano777
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Nm, figured it out.

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by siciliano777 View Post
Nm, figured it out.
What was the solution, in case somebody else has this problem.

♢NoteIII♢
I will not appologize for art.
Galaxy Note 3

gallowaykelvin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post

♢NoteIII♢
If its a contact from another app it will not let you edit it. For example contacts from Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to gallowaykelvin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siciliano777
Old
(Last edited by siciliano777; 2nd January 2014 at 08:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post

♢NoteIII♢
For some reason all my contacts were initially on the SIM only, and aren't editable. This has never happened with any of my previous phones...usually after you sign into Google it just imports them onto the phone. When I go into accounts, Google, my Gmail acct, there is no selection for "contacts" like there has always been. Maybe this is a jellybean thing?

Anyway, what I had to do was go into settings while in contacts and export to sd card, then import from sd card. Makes no sense why I had to do it that way, but that's the only thing that worked. Now it shows all contacts as being on the "SIM" and the phone ( shown as "device" ) on two separate tabs, and I can only edit them when I'm on the device tab.

I'm surprised I'm the only one that has asked this since I couldn't edit ANY of my contacts...