5,605,835 Members 47,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 on 4.3 with Samsung Custom

Tip us?
 
ivndrago
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Galaxy S3 on 4.3 with Samsung Custom

I have rooted many phones but DO NOT consider myself an expert in any way but after countless hours on the search, I am just STUCK And seriously frustrated. Here is my complicated story.
I was rooted but without a custom ROM. In the progress upgraded to 4.3 OTA. Since then my phone has been on the decline...the WI-FI does not turn on, the GPS is erratic, and now I cannot connect via USB to anything.
I have done everything imaginable and suggested to my PC (WIN8) as well as the phone. I cannot connect via ODIN nor KIES as I cannot get the USB to work.

In ODIN Mode I have:

PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (1 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: Enable
WARRANTY BIT: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

I would prefer to downgrade although I have read this is not an option at this point.
to have functional Wi-Fi and USB connectivity would be great to have again.
Please help!!!
Is my phone considered to be SOFT-Bricked?
 
5ft24
Old
#2  
5ft24's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 530
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bellingham
Try a new cable and/or a different USB port.
Also kies3 is required. The old kies will not connect to any 4.3 or higher android device. Make sure you have the latest drivers as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Also make sure you have USB debugging on. Go to settings and about phone. Tap on the version several timea and it will bring out the developer options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-I535 Verizon Pebble Blue 16GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-I800 Verizon Terenceeng CM11
 
ThePagel
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 372
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Go on kies make sure your phone in UNplugged then click connection trouble shoot. Same thing was happening to me on windows 8 so I temporarily went back to 7. It looks like the drivers get messed up if you go from lets say the download mode drivers to the normal drivers. It seemed like every time before I connected my phone I had to do that.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Kies 3 does not have the drivers for this phone
 
ivndrago
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Go on kies make sure your phone in UNplugged then click connection trouble shoot. Same thing was happening to me on windows 8 so I temporarily went back to 7. It looks like the drivers get messed up if you go from lets say the download mode drivers to the normal drivers. It seemed like every time before I connected my phone I had to do that.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Kies 3 does not have the drivers for this phone
Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I have tried three different cables, installed Kies 3, two different computer and multiple ports on both systems with all the phone settings as suggested. I now get the following message when connected to the USB cable: USB Device not recognized. Device malfunctioned and Windows (8) does not recognize it. I have removed all software, reinstalled phone drivers.

Sooo frustrating!
 
ThePagel
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 372
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivndrago View Post
Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I have tried three different cables, installed Kies 3, two different computer and multiple ports on both systems with all the phone settings as suggested. I now get the following message when connected to the USB cable: USB Device not recognized. Device malfunctioned and Windows (8) does not recognize it. I have removed all software, reinstalled phone drivers.

Sooo frustrating!
Why do you want to connect to kies? It has 4.1.2 it will always fail the flash for us 4.3 people. Use the Verizon updater or odin. Just a fyi kies will never say it recognizes the phone in downloadmode.
 
ivndrago
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Why do you want to connect to kies? It has 4.1.2 it will always fail the flash for us 4.3 people. Use the Verizon updater or odin. Just a fyi kies will never say it recognizes the phone in downloadmode.
My problem is I cannot get the computer to recognize the phone. I have tried using the code to get into Qualcomm PhoneUtils but I guess I am not sure if that applies to my model phone. This would allow me to confirm the USB settings (MTB?) of the phone.
At this point, any connection would be a HUGE step forward.

Thanks for your help.
 
ThePagel
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 372
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivndrago View Post
My problem is I cannot get the computer to recognize the phone. I have tried using the code to get into Qualcomm PhoneUtils but I guess I am not sure if that applies to my model phone. This would allow me to confirm the USB settings (MTB?) of the phone.
At this point, any connection would be a HUGE step forward.

Thanks for your help.
You can boot up the phone to a useable state correct?
 
ivndrago
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
You can boot up the phone to a useable state correct?
Yes, the phone is operational; that is to say it makes and receives calls. The Wi-Fi does not turn on and the GPS is very erratic. I have not found any other problems yet, but I am sure that they must be others....
 
ThePagel
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 372
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivndrago View Post
Yes, the phone is operational; that is to say it makes and receives calls. The Wi-Fi does not turn on and the GPS is very erratic. I have not found any other problems yet, but I am sure that they must be others....
That sucks at least you can make calls. Hope you figure it out. Maybe it has something to do with your warranty bit.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Just one more thought. I know you said you tried everything but did you try a factory reset then on first login when Google asks to import saved data like WiFi settings uncheck the box?
 
ivndrago
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Talking Galaxy S3 on 4.3 with Samsung Custom ** FIXED **

This appears to be the fix to my problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586319

Thanks a ton to ThePagel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...