XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help restore old bootloadet

Tip us?

r0b458
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Please help restore old bootloadet

I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 on stock 4.3 MK2 and I was wondering if there is a way to restore the MDL bootloader so I can flash ROM's and get my warranty back if I need to. Thanks for the help

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: downgrading

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0b458 View Post
I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 on stock 4.3 MK2 and I was wondering if there is a way to restore the MDL bootloader so I can flash ROM's and get my warranty back if I need to. Thanks for the help
That cannot be done. Once you have upgraded to 4.3 MK2 you cannot downgrade.
But there are plenty of excellent custom roms which are 4.3 MK2 that you can flash.

NOTE: if you have flashed the official Tmobile MK2 4.3 Odin flash firmware/rom OR if you
have allowed the OTA update and or if you upgrading using KIES and your phone is not yet
rooted and does not have any custom recovery or custom rom in it then you don't need to worry
about your warranty, it will stay GOOD as long as you do not ROOT the phone and as long as
you do not flash any custom recoveries or kernels.

Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).

The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r0b458
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
That cannot be done. Once you have upgraded to 4.3 MK2 you cannot downgrade.
But there are plenty of excellent custom roms which are 4.3 MK2 that you can flash.

NOTE: if you have flashed the official Tmobile MK2 4.3 Odin flash firmware/rom OR if you
have allowed the OTA update and or if you upgrading using KIES and your phone is not yet
rooted and does not have any custom recovery or custom rom in it then you don't need to worry
about your warranty, it will stay GOOD as long as you do not ROOT the phone and as long as

Good luck!
Aw well I guess I'll just take my chances because I used to flash ROM'S all the time but recently I made the mistake of trying out stock 4.3 and it's actually pretty nice it's just I miss flashing lol. I'm not even sure if I actually have a valid warranty anyways haha but thanks

bobolinko
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
That cannot be done YET. Once you have upgraded to 4.3 MK2 you cannot downgrade.

Good luck!
Hi there Mr. Junky,
You forgot the most important word, in red above. Our Developers are like I was when I was in my younger days of programming, If was said something couldn't be done, I worked till I made it happen and Rooting is a good example of how our XDA "Gurus" have made things happen, and I am confident they will again rise above the rest and do the "Cannot be done" and share it with this community.....
Aloha, and Have a great day! p.s. Thank you for all your useful and clear posts that a LOT of users have benefited from!

lordcheeto03
Old
Thanks Meter 465
I was doing some reading last night through the R&D thread and other various threads linked to through that one... I do believe that someone has been able to revert back to 4.2.2; but it involves some pretty risky methods and equipment which nobody in this thread likely has.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button

Misterjunky
Old
Thanks Meter 1876

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post
Hi there Mr. Junky,
You forgot the most important word, in red above. Our Developers are like I was when I was in my younger days of programming, If was said something couldn't be done, I worked till I made it happen and Rooting is a good example of how our XDA "Gurus" have made things happen, and I am confident they will again rise above the rest and do the "Cannot be done" and share it with this community.....
Aloha, and Have a great day! p.s. Thank you for all your useful and clear posts that a LOT of users have benefited from!
You are absolutely right, I did forget the magic work "YET".

But I think this time by the time the devs finally find a way to fully over-come the knox issue
in our S4's we all will have a much newer model, perhaps a Samsung Galaxy S5 or S6 or? LOL
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).