Exchange email issue NOTE 3

Tip us?

marbedMB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Exchange email issue NOTE 3

Guys
Tried to set up my corporate email account in my brand new NOTE 3. All is official, 9005 no root or any other software changes put on it no KNOX installed. Just factory state. Runing on 4.3 (DMJ7,)with some little update got after first run a few days ago. During setup exchange I've got message: Security update required for using this account. It is very strange because all is factory. Any suggestion ? Is it only way to work by rooting and wanam exposed or something ?
Appreciate for help.

marbedMB
Old
(Last edited by marbedMB; 23rd December 2013 at 12:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Comunity.
Any news to solve this problem?

I can see that so many people had read this thread but no one have a clue ?

kwhit
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Have you enabled a pin or password to unlock your phone? Most Exchange Srrvers require this.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

hallettguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
did you recently upgrade exchange? maybe migrate mailboxes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

reach3r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbedMB View Post
Guys
Tried to set up my corporate email account in my brand new NOTE 3. All is official, 9005 no root or any other software changes put on it no KNOX installed. Just factory state. Runing on 4.3 (DMJ7,)with some little update got after first run a few days ago. During setup exchange I've got message: Security update required for using this account. It is very strange because all is factory. Any suggestion ? Is it only way to work by rooting and wanam exposed or something ?
Appreciate for help.

When adding my exchange account(s) the device prompted me with a notification that the security guidelines (or similar worded) need to be updated in order for the account to work. This was then displayed in the notification bar from where i could tap and confirm it.

What this does is grant the exchange server certain rights to access the phone. For example to remotely wipe the device in case it was lost (to prevent unauthorized access to the mail/contact/calendar data).

BlueChris
Old
Thanks Meter 192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reach3r View Post
When adding my exchange account(s) the device prompted me with a notification that the security guidelines (or similar worded) need to be updated in order for the account to work. This was then displayed in the notification bar from where i could tap and confirm it.

What this does is grant the exchange server certain rights to access the phone. For example to remotely wipe the device in case it was lost (to prevent unauthorized access to the mail/contact/calendar data).
+1 to that

You just need to drop down the status bar when the question asked and click the exchange message and click approve.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

marbedMB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhit View Post
Have you enabled a pin or password to unlock your phone? Most Exchange Srrvers require this.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app
It is far not comfortable to input PIN or password every time to unlock phone. I know there is a solution when rooted. I'm still waiting for get root w/o knox 0x1.