5,595,570 Members 45,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lenovo QSB File splitter

Tip us?
 
csu333
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Lenovo QSB File splitter

If you ever came across one of these QSB files from Lenovo and wondered how you could make use of it, this is what you are looking for. It is mostly wild guessing but this script have been tested successfully on 3 different QSB for the Vibe Z (K910).

You need Perl and its XML Simple extension in order to run the script.

Every feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z split_qsb.pl.7z - [Click for QR Code] (2.7 KB, 63 views)
 
katalinscrob
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 33
Join Date: Nov 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu333 View Post
If you ever came across one of these QSB files from Lenovo and wondered how you could make use of it, this is what you are looking for. It is mostly wild guessing but this script have been tested successfully on 3 different QSB for the Vibe Z (K910).

You need Perl and its XML Simple extension in order to run the script.

Every feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Noob questions, I know:
How can I use this instead on running on linux? Can you build a win version? If I begin to work in a virtualbox machine, which are the steps?
 
csu333
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalinscrob View Post
Noob questions, I know:
How can I use this instead on running on linux? Can you build a win version? If I begin to work in a virtualbox machine, which are the steps?
Good news is that since Perl is scripting, it should work pretty easily under Windows. If it is installed on your machine, just
Code:
perl split_qsb.pl
should be enough.

As for the extension needed (XML Simple), if I remember correctly, Perl is shipped with a configurator allowing to download such addon pretty easily.
 
jarayama
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2014
I get this:

Code:
Data starts at offset 0
End of index detected
-1 entries and 0 bytes extracted
Rebuild the splitted files...
File does not exist: rawprogram0.xml at split_qsb.pl line 185
I think that it cannot split the qsb file, it's a lenovo firmware update, you now why this happen?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu333 View Post
Good news is that since Perl is scripting, it should work pretty easily under Windows. If it is installed on your machine, just
Code:
perl split_qsb.pl
should be enough.

As for the extension needed (XML Simple), if I remember correctly, Perl is shipped with a configurator allowing to download such addon pretty easily.
 
csu333
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarayama View Post
I get this:

Code:
Data starts at offset 0
End of index detected
-1 entries and 0 bytes extracted
Rebuild the splitted files...
File does not exist: rawprogram0.xml at split_qsb.pl line 185
I think that it cannot split the qsb file, it's a lenovo firmware update, you now why this happen?

Thanks!
This means the QSB file you got differs from the one I've got. Are you able to make an extract of the first few kb so I can have a look?

Sent from my K910 with Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes