improving video brightness?

Tip us?

ianerhard13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default improving video brightness?

Hi,

I just bought a new G Pad yesterday and am really enjoying it, except for the video playback. As others have mentioned, the display becomes too dim and dark scenes are hard to watch. It pretty much ruins the whole experience of having a 1080p tablet.

I tried the screen adjuster app mentioned in another thread and that didn't do much for me. I also noticed when using the video app, when I would back out of a movie, just before the picture went away it would become very bright for a second. That makes me think there's something holding it back.

I was wondering if anyone found any solutions to this. I also do not want to root the device.

bobo69
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianerhard13 View Post
Hi,

I just bought a new G Pad yesterday and am really enjoying it, except for the video playback. As others have mentioned, the display becomes too dim and dark scenes are hard to watch. It pretty much ruins the whole experience of having a 1080p tablet.

I tried the screen adjuster app mentioned in another thread and that didn't do much for me. I also noticed when using the video app, when I would back out of a movie, just before the picture went away it would become very bright for a second. That makes me think there's something holding it back.

I was wondering if anyone found any solutions to this. I also do not want to root the device.
The g pad biggest problem is the gamma calibration that makes dark greys looks like deep black. For now, the only way I found to correct this, is to use screen adjuster with contrast value set at -28.

What we need to make the screen way better, is a custom kernel that makes gamma control possible.

kiko3
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
In lg video player you can swipe up and down on left side to increase brightness

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

fussek
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yea but few minutes and the g pad is forcing the brightness down. I hate that, is there any way to modify something (f. Ex build.prop) and cancel that limitation?

Wysłane z mojego LG-P760 przy użyciu Tapatalk 4

ASW1
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I use MX player and no issues with brightness, although I often have it set to full.

Lucien2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Playing a video with the screen set to maximum brightness, the G Pad managed 5 hours, 53 minutes, while the Galaxy Note got 5 hours, 35 minutes, and the Nexus 7 got 7 hours, 37 minutes.