5,597,647 Members 33,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does anyone have a handle on expected "screen on" time from full charge?

Tip us?

fuzzynco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Battery Full [Q] Does anyone have a handle on expected "screen on" time from full charge?

I'm looking for a guesstimate as to how long the 3.3Ah battery can keep the
screen on from a full charge? Like with playing a video from the microSD card.
3-4 hrs? I'm used to swapping out extended batteries when I run low on power
on my Rezound, obviously with the design flaw of the imbedded battery that
isn't possible. I do have an external 12Ah battery that will provide up to
5v@2.1A.

Should I expect with the original HTC OEM USB cable (with the humps/rails)
that it will charge as AC power (1.5A vs 500mA) since the available power is
greater than the wall charger? Should I be able to get 2 or 3 charges from the
full 12Ah battery?

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
The phone is able to manage 4.5 to 5 hours of graphics heavy gaming (all stock). i believe that watching a video from the SD should be more power efficient than gaming.
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750
The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fuzzynco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Battery Full Thanks -- Better than expected

Do you think, when charging from an external battery 5v@2.1A, it will charge at the
"AC" 1.5A rate vs the "USB" 500mA rate? Using the htc oem cable (with the rails).

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Something tells me from the information you provided in the OP that you are the resident expert now.

If you dont know I dont know that any of us will and Im sure you will tell us all when you find out more.
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

thetiger_jad007
Old
(Last edited by thetiger_jad007; 2nd January 2014 at 10:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzynco View Post
Do you think, when charging from an external battery 5v@2.1A, it will charge at the
"AC" 1.5A rate vs the "USB" 500mA rate? Using the htc oem cable (with the rails).
12Ah will charge your phone 3.5 times only the difference between 1.5 and 0.5Ah is that the charge time is more..And I recommend to use the htc cable .. if you are asking if the external battery will charge at 1.5Ah then yes it will.. usually when you use a phone for example 1 Ah and you use an adapter 1.5 Ah the phone will take only 1 Ah but if you use an 0.5 Ah adapter it will take only 0.5 Ah
and be careful that if you use more than 1.5 Ah adapter it "may" overheat your phone.. and I don't recommend to charge your phone from the computer
I use to play movies 6 hours and still have 20%
The Following User Says Thank You to thetiger_jad007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pradeepvizz
Old
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzynco View Post
I am no expert on these stuff, just my few $... the MAX supports Qualcomm's quick charge like other devices like Samsungs Note 3/ S4. These devices basically are shipped with a 2A charges and the max still is at 1.5A, i am guessing its again HTC part of keeping the battery live longer. Given the other devices with Quick Charge technology allows 2 Amp input i am sure your external battery wish push it to 2 or atleast 1.5Amp
HTC One MAX ||| HTC ONE > HOX+ > Nexus 7 > HOX > Xperia Arc > Xperia X10 Mini > K810 > K550 > K750
The Following User Says Thank You to pradeepvizz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]