XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Button remapping

Tip us?

niko22225
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default [Q] Button remapping

Hello. I have an question but first the story. I wanted to downgrade to Gingerbread because of Chainfire, I wanted to see if I can get better gaming performance. But I forgot I need to perform an hard reset with power button which is broken. So I decided to go back to ICS but same there. I can only get into recovery or stuck at bootanimation on ICS and gingerbread I can bootup but data is unusable. So i was thinking. Can I go in twrp mount system remap power button and do hard reset? Does button remapping work when the phone is turned off?? Also Could someone explain me how to remap my power button to 3D button please?

michalsk11
Old
Thanks Meter 5
but you can go in cmw recovery? so flash ICS how did you change bootloader? you can flash ICS with lg flash tool without power button i thing.

niko22225
Old
(Last edited by niko22225; 3rd January 2014 at 12:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
No it's kinda different. I did use lg flash tool that's how i flashed gb and ics but after changing partitions which basicly means downgrading from ICS to GB or backwards you need to perform a hard reset to access data partition. I can get into recovery only with ICS but only one time after flashing ICS with LG flash tool. after first boot Its stuck on bootanimation . right know I'm sending this using my O3D through browser because I can't install any app or even recieve calls. So I need to repair my button which I don't dare to try and I don't really want to pay much for repair or I could remap the button but unluckily I do not know how + idk if remapping stays same when phone is turned off. i changed bootloader with os_hacking program called all in one p920 or something like that