[Q] False "Insufficient storage" error - can't install Foldermount, nothing works
OK, on SOME apps, but not others, I can't install them because of the dreaded "insufficient storage available
" error (and yes, I have tons of storage available - 3.12gb, and an SD card with 30gb). I mainly want it for Foldermount which is a whopping 1.26MB or something like that. Titanium Backup says the same thing too But hey, if I want to install GTAIII it works, it is not purely a size issue.
I'm rooted, standard Xperia firmware.
Here is what I've tried after two days of research:
- Clearing the dalvik cache with root explorer
- Uninstalling updates for google play store & google services
- Removing my google account and re-adding
- Removing any .odex files related to the apps
- Sideloading the app rather than rely on the Play store (different error message, same problem - "Foldermount could not be installed. Free up some space and try again.")
- LuckyPatcher (this can be used for piracy so not discussing it further, but for the record it runs into the same problem)
Other things I've seen suggested or seem random that I have tried:
- Setting to "automatic date and time" (done, no difference)
- Trying it over mobile data vs wifi (Waste of time)
- Link2SD's storage location settings (well, I don't have Link2SD, I installed it and App2SD isn't supported on the ZR so I can't change anything)
Apps that won't work due to this problem that I am desperate for:
Do these have something in common related to storage? How the hell do I sort this out?
Help, please! I'm desperate here!