5,596,637 Members 43,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seriously screwed?

Tip us?

slide83
Old
(Last edited by slide83; 2nd January 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Seriously screwed?

Flashed the newest version of Malladus via TWRP 2.6.3.3 and it said it was successful, but now it won't boot at all. It pulls up the LG logo then immediately powers off. Dumbass me forgot to make a backup also...

I can get back to TWRP but ADB isn't recognizing the device even though it was working fine before this flash. So I can't adb sideload the stock rom to flash.

I would just flash back to stock with the LG tool but VolUp + plugging into my computer doesn't put it in download mode either, even though I did that a few days ago fine...

Any ideas at all?

Nevermind, I was able to get it into download mode. I think it wasn't fully turning off.

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide83 View Post
Flashed the newest version of Malladus via TWRP 2.6.3.3 and it said it was successful, but now it won't boot at all. It pulls up the LG logo then immediately powers off. Dumbass me forgot to make a backup also...

I can get back to TWRP but ADB isn't recognizing the device even though it was working fine before this flash. So I can't adb sideload the stock rom to flash.

I would just flash back to stock with the LG tool but VolUp + plugging into my computer doesn't put it in download mode either, even though I did that a few days ago fine...

Any ideas at all?

Nevermind, I was able to get it into download mode. I think it wasn't fully turning off.
Were you able to boot recovery with vol down + power?if so you could reflash rom or push ROM to recovery via adb or sideload a ROM via twrp

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Make sure you have the latest adb ver installed on computer.you.are using

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 535
As opposed to using adb sideload, wht not just push the ROM like you did the recovery?

Before you ask, I have no idea how to push a ROM, but I know it can be done

Sent from my LG-vs980 using xda app-developers app

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
As opposed to using adb sideload, wht not just push the ROM like you did the recovery?

Before you ask, I have no idea how to push a ROM, but I know it can be done

Sent from my LG-vs980 using xda app-developers app
You push them in the zip folder using adb commands in command prompt