XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 i9507 4.3 update

Tip us?

broden25
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Galaxy S4 i9507 4.3 update

Hey guys, i've searched through the forums and as yet I havn't ran into anyone with the same problem. I bought a Galaxy s4 from gumtree, and it turns out its a i9507 with optus branded firmware. I really want to update to the new 4.3 software, but cant do that as optus hasnt released anything (and wont for ages). I'm wondering if any of you had the link for an unbranded version of the official samsung firmware, so in the future i can simply update when samsung releases new software. I've only ever found i9505 updates, and seeing though thats not my exact model number i've restrained from updating (as i'm not sure of any possible issues associated with this). I've attached a screenshot for reference, and any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1491751_10201865175489146_1753006392_n.jpg
Views:	8348
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	2469488  

brookie80
Old
(Last edited by brookie80; 3rd January 2014 at 03:04 AM.) Reason: forgot to mention:
Thanks Meter 0
Default WAIT!!!!

WAIT!!!! Even if you find a firmware DONT DO IT!!! I have the galaxy S4 I9507, it's the newest version and only released in Australia and Hong Kong. I have an unbranded one (through virgin, which are owned by optus but you usually get a non carrier specific version)

It's not otus that isn't releasing the firmware, it's samsung, they have for other versions yes, but the I9507 has a different speed processor than all of them and a different processor all together than the earlier versions.

Unless you can get an unbranded firmware specifically for the I9507 (not I9506 or I9505) you could possibly damage your phone and definitely void any warranty or insurance.

I wan't to update to 4.3 but it's samsung that has to release that update for this model, optus can't do anything until they receive it, by which time we will have already found it without the optus branding elswhere.

You can maybe hound samsung but I doubt that will get you far, I am going to kee on it though, will let you know if I get anywhere

Forgot to mention: because it is only a AUS and HK version the only place it could possibly be released before here is Hong Kong. I doubt Samsung would wait long if at all to release the AUS firmware if not at the same time as the Hong Kong. Meaning as soon as the update is available it will be automatically notified to you through kies or an OTA update. Unfortunately there is no getting it quicker from elsewhere as there is no elsewhere right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broden25 View Post
Hey guys, i've searched through the forums and as yet I havn't ran into anyone with the same problem. I bought a Galaxy s4 from gumtree, and it turns out its a i9507 with optus branded firmware. I really want to update to the new 4.3 software, but cant do that as optus hasnt released anything (and wont for ages). I'm wondering if any of you had the link for an unbranded version of the official samsung firmware, so in the future i can simply update when samsung releases new software. I've only ever found i9505 updates, and seeing though thats not my exact model number i've restrained from updating (as i'm not sure of any possible issues associated with this). I've attached a screenshot for reference, and any help would be greatly appreciated!