XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Buy now or wait for LTE?

Tip us?

QuantumPSI
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Buy now or wait for LTE?

Alright, so I'm seriously considering this tablet. I've been following the forums and see there is limited development for it and apparently some lag issues. I had intended on waiting for the LTE version, but there is no indication on when that's going to happen (and I have some money burning a hole in my pocket).

So what say you guys? Will there be more development for the LTE version with snapdragon (if it ever gets released on the US carriers), or should I just opt for the wifi version and dive right in?

torickray
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm using one now

Sent from my SM-P605 using xda app-developers app

treeofliberty
Old
Thanks Meter 2
There will be fewer people with LTE versions, and therefore less compelling reasons for developers to invest in the hardware. Also, the carrier based tablets will be locked down more by carrier, and different hardware for this device.

I had the Xoom with LTE, and appreciate the freedom. Gave it up on this device to have something closer to mainsteam. Good luck on you decision.

mouse100
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Lte version uses the snapdragon that I think has more support from developers since it's more used in others smartphones/tablets.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

QuantumPSI
Old
(Last edited by QuantumPSI; 2nd January 2014 at 02:23 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
So I bit the bullet and bought one, using it now. Got the wifi version. For my purposes, I think i just need root access.

Let the fun begin!

Just curious though, I know that the LTE version will have a faster processor. Will the LTE have better/faster performance?

treeofliberty
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumPSI View Post
So I bit the bullet and bought one, using it now. Got the wifi version. For my purposes, I think i just need root access.

Let the fun begin!

Just curious though, I know that the LTE version will have a faster processor. Will the LTE have better/faster performance?
Congratulations on your purchase. You are going to love it. I highly recommend Clean ROM, which I am currently running. This is an awesome piece of hardware.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4