Tragic Accident! My fiance dropped her HTC One

Tip us?

mmuzzy
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlawhon View Post
It's not glued. Just press fit. It has a series of tension clips on the inside and separating them is near impossible without causing damage.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button
Actually I think it's both. Every teardown guide I've seen mentions having to heat up the phone to soften the adhesive. Here is someone on XDA that braved a teardown before sending the phone back for replacement anyway:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2353895
........Toro....|....Toroplus....|....Grouper....|....Mako....|....Manta....|....Maguro

tylerlawhon
Old
Thanks Meter 957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmuzzy View Post
Actually I think it's both. Every teardown guide I've seen mentions having to heat up the phone to soften the adhesive. Here is someone on XDA that braved a teardown before sending the phone back for replacement anyway:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2353895
I saw one where the dude pulled it apart without heat, and showed there was no adhesive at all. Someone said something in the comments about how it'd be easier to use heat, and apparently this guy had done it both ways and the only difference is that using heat makes it hot as balls and hard to handle.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

johnrevival
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Either way I don't want to dismantle this phone.... Lol glue or tension. U think I found the one downside to this phone...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dottat
Old
Thanks Meter 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrevival View Post
Either way I don't want to dismantle this phone.... Lol glue or tension. U think I found the one downside to this phone...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You're right ...weddings off!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4