XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to Flash CWM Recovery

Tip us?

Kj97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Trying to Flash CWM Recovery

As far as I know and what i have research, the only rom recovery that can be flash to my LG G2 is TWRP and would have to use Loki to bypass the bootloader. Please correct me if I'm wrong in the information. I have the ATT version, software version is D80010o, and on 4.2.2 Android Version Stock Rom of cause.

Questions:
- Does the G2 have to have an unlocked bootloader to flash anything even if it is rooted?
- Is TWRP the only recovery that can be flashed to the G2? If so what is the "manger" for it similar to Rom manager with CWM.
- Is there any other way to backup your current rom without using any recovery, this is my main goal for the moment?

Note: I have check if it is compatible with CWM base on the website yet when i flash CWM with Rom Manager( not the touch support version) and try to reboot the Red Triangle pops up. I have tried with Flashify and download the recovery img to the sd and it comes up with secure booting error ( I'm not sure if this is because i flashed both CWM and CWM with touch at the same time with Flashify wasn't sure if i needed to flash both for touch to work or just CWM Touch)

Please inform me with the correct produces to follow or link me to a solution. Side note this is my first time with an Android device and my first Smartphone so I'm kinda new to this rooting roms, kernal, thing. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. Feel free to message me through XDA. Thanks.

datechnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kj97 View Post
As far as I know and what i have research, the only rom recovery that can be flash to my LG G2 is TWRP and would have to use Loki to bypass the bootloader. Please correct me if I'm wrong in the information. I have the ATT version, software version is D80010o, and on 4.2.2 Android Version Stock Rom of cause.

Questions:
- Does the G2 have to have an unlocked bootloader to flash anything even if it is rooted?
- Is TWRP the only recovery that can be flashed to the G2? If so what is the "manger" for it similar to Rom manager with CWM.
- Is there any other way to backup your current rom without using any recovery, this is my main goal for the moment?

Note: I have check if it is compatible with CWM base on the website yet when i flash CWM with Rom Manager( not the touch support version) and try to reboot the Red Triangle pops up. I have tried with Flashify and download the recovery img to the sd and it comes up with secure booting error ( I'm not sure if this is because i flashed both CWM and CWM with touch at the same time with Flashify wasn't sure if i needed to flash both for touch to work or just CWM Touch)

Please inform me with the correct produces to follow or link me to a solution. Side note this is my first time with an Android device and my first Smartphone so I'm kinda new to this rooting roms, kernal, thing. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help. Feel free to message me through XDA. Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589950

loki is a bypass for the bootloader so we can install custom roms, recoveries, kernels
Current Device: Verizon Galaxy S4

If you feel like donating click here

The Following User Says Thank You to datechnerd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]