XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Getting error msg with latest verizon update

Tip us?

jmickel99
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Getting error msg with latest verizon update

After i read that you could keep root with the latest update i gave it a try. Im just rooted with stock recovery. I deleted some bloatware and installed hide soft keys was all i did. I downloaded the update and when it went to install i get an error msg. Message was er: 0x1117008. Then would reboot and a message would pop up saying was a problem during installation, no changes were made. I have since restored all the bloat i deleted thinking that may help, tried again and get same message. Anyone have an idea what it may be?

Jank4AU
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1303

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickel99 View Post
After i read that you could keep root with the latest update i gave it a try. Im just rooted with stock recovery. I deleted some bloatware and installed hide soft keys was all i did. I downloaded the update and when it went to install i get an error msg. Message was er: 0x1117008. Then would reboot and a message would pop up saying was a problem during installation, no changes were made. I have since restored all the bloat i deleted thinking that may help, tried again and get same message. Anyone have an idea what it may be?
Not sure, but you may have to unroot first to install the update. What they probably meant by you can keep root is that they didn't patch it to prevent root. So, once you unroot, install update, then you can reroot again. Just my guess.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

ROM: PARANOIDANDROID 4.2 G2 2014-04-06
AT&T LG G2 - D800
TWRP 2.7.0.0

RoomTemp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickel99 View Post
I get the same error. Any update?

Kaiken
Old
Thanks Meter 26
You'll need to restore all bloat. Pretty much need to be completely stock before updating. I was rooted with tethering provisions removed and Stock LG Browser installed. I has to fix the provisioning and remove the Browser (also adding any system/app files I removed) before the update was successful.

brianj320
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiken View Post
You'll need to restore all bloat. Pretty much need to be completely stock before updating. I was rooted with tethering provisions removed and Stock LG Browser installed. I has to fix the provisioning and remove the Browser (also adding any system/app files I removed) before the update was successful.
i'm am getting this same error and i have restored all bloat and even temporarily unrooted using Voodoo's OTA RootKeeper. i dont know what else to do at this point. any thoughts/suggestions?

Kaiken
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianj320 View Post
i'm am getting this same error and i have restored all bloat and even temporarily unrooted using Voodoo's OTA RootKeeper. i dont know what else to do at this point. any thoughts/suggestions?
Have you restored your hide nav keys? You can also download a completely stock rooted rom somewhere on here and make sure your system apps are the same. I had to do this to find my BrowserProxyProvider.apk/odex I accidentally deleted and pushed them back into system/app.