XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE Questions. -Unlocked -> Locked

Tip us?

O-rangePeels
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HTC ONE Questions. -Unlocked -> Locked

Hi XDA. My problem is that I sent my ONE to HTC due to the "No Sim Error" i was getting. When it got there, they told me that i had to pay 200 to fix it (voided warranty by rooting/unlocking bootloader). So they sent it back and I know my problem is that the bootloader says relocked instead of locked. So is it possible for me to gain soff/root with rumrunner again, then use revone to relock it, then flash the ruu so it is 100% stock? Or would using revone not be possible? Also, if i send it back to HTC will they still say that the warranty has been voided even if the phone now says locked (as it did when it was stock)? Thanks.

selayan
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-rangePeels View Post
Hi XDA. My problem is that I sent my ONE to HTC due to the "No Sim Error" i was getting. When it got there, they told me that i had to pay 200 to fix it (voided warranty by rooting/unlocking bootloader). So they sent it back and I know my problem is that the bootloader says relocked instead of locked. So is it possible for me to gain soff/root with rumrunner again, then use revone to relock it, then flash the ruu so it is 100% stock? Or would using revone not be possible? Also, if i send it back to HTC will they still say that the warranty has been voided even if the phone now says locked (as it did when it was stock)? Thanks.
What version hboot do you have? What software version is on the phone? Go to settings, about, software info, and see the software number.

Gizmoe
Old
(Last edited by Gizmoe; 3rd January 2014 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-rangePeels View Post
In the future do this to reset lock status. It works once rooted and s off.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46153741

And this to set back to s on

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46286588

I don't know if they keep records but it's worth a shot. If they sent it back to you with 4.3 it is not currently exploitable but probably will be soon. Do you still have s off on device or did they lock it up? Because if you have s off you can just manually change whatever you want.
Sent From my HTC One S-Off via rumrunners or Firewater/Weaksauce combo
Need a DropBox account? use this link DropBox

Other Devices:
HTC Inspire 4g S-Off/Rooted(Ace device info all in one place Ace Think Tank)
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD stock
Nexus 7 rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]