5,599,478 Members 39,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charger problem... AGAIN -.-

Tip us?
 
{fd}ware
Old
#1  
{fd}ware's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 948
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gelsenkirchen

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Charger problem... AGAIN -.-

So I had this problem once, and I bought a new charger. But now I have the same damn problem and I don't want to buy a new charger whenever that happens, so I hope you guys can help me.
I connect my charger, it works okay. But even when I touch the charger it stops working. I have to lay it down on something flat and bring the charger in the "right" position. That's just weird. With other chargers it's working okay, but as said, I got tired of buying new chargers. Does anyone of you faces the problem? Or am I the only one?
It just happens, charging like always and now I've got the problem.
I think it's a loose connection.

And I can plug off the charger much easier now, previously it... nah I don't know how to explain, my phone just held the charger better, so I had to pull harder to plug it off. But now it's like my charger dropped into butter -.-

I hope anyone can help me and/or has the same problem. It's actually driving me crazy, especially when playing games, because of that loose conection the game always pauses -.-
Regards,
{fd}ware

Current work in progress:
Protos 3:
The app, scripts, UI, UX, whatever.

Maybe a random app?

 
black@pirate
Old
#2  
black@pirate's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 337
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by {fd}ware View Post
So I had this problem once, and I bought a new charger. But now I have the same damn problem and I don't want to buy a new charger whenever that happens, so I hope you guys can help me.
I connect my charger, it works okay. But even when I touch the charger it stops working. I have to lay it down on something flat and bring the charger in the "right" position. That's just weird. With other chargers it's working okay, but as said, I got tired of buying new chargers. Does anyone of you faces the problem? Or am I the only one?
It just happens, charging like always and now I've got the problem.
I think it's a loose connection.

And I can plug off the charger much easier now, previously it... nah I don't know how to explain, my phone just held the charger better, so I had to pull harder to plug it off. But now it's like my charger dropped into butter -.-

I hope anyone can help me and/or has the same problem. It's actually driving me crazy, especially when playing games, because of that loose conection the game always pauses -.-
Have you tried with another socket?or use a connection plug? Sorry for my English, I don't know how to say those

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY WORK
LiquidSmooth KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631676
XenonHD KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639397
The Following User Says Thank You to black@pirate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
{fd}ware
Old
#3  
{fd}ware's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 948
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gelsenkirchen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by black@pirate View Post
Have you tried with another socket?or use a connection plug? Sorry for my English, I don't know how to say those

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No problem, but that's exactly what I do not want to do. I once had this problem and bought a new charger but I don't want to do so again. Anyway thanks for your reply
Regards,
{fd}ware

Current work in progress:
Protos 3:
The app, scripts, UI, UX, whatever.

Maybe a random app?

 
Flying_Bear
Old
#4  
Flying_Bear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 592
Posts: 1,542
Join Date: Jan 2011
perhaps its the cable not the charger? it was the issue for me atleast, the one that comes with default charger sucks
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flying_Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
{fd}ware
Old
#5  
{fd}ware's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 948
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gelsenkirchen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Bear View Post
perhaps its the cable not the charger? it was the issue for me atleast, the one that comes with default charger sucks
Yeah sorry I meant the cable ^^
But to be honest I'm currently using the charger of my LG Optimus One and it is WAY better than the one of the 4x HD. The 4x HD cable worked for 2 or 3 months, the LG Optimus One cable is working for more than 2 years now, but it also broke now.
That's really weird, it's just like that my 4x HD breaks all cables I connect...
Regards,
{fd}ware

Current work in progress:
Protos 3:
The app, scripts, UI, UX, whatever.

Maybe a random app?

 
Flying_Bear
Old
#6  
Flying_Bear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 592
Posts: 1,542
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by {fd}ware View Post
Yeah sorry I meant the cable ^^
But to be honest I'm currently using the charger of my LG Optimus One and it is WAY better than the one of the 4x HD. The 4x HD cable worked for 2 or 3 months, the LG Optimus One cable is working for more than 2 years now, but it also broke now.
That's really weird, it's just like that my 4x HD breaks all cables I connect...
i'm using a cable from an old nokia i found laying in the house. it's quite sturdy, compared to lg's cable it seems. my original cable lasted for almost a year now. no idea whats o4x doing to them to be eating them so fast
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flying_Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
glfsd
Old
#7  
glfsd's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jul 2011
has happened to me too, with my old sony arcs. three times!
The Following User Says Thank You to glfsd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
{fd}ware
Old
#8  
{fd}ware's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 748
Posts: 948
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gelsenkirchen

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Bear View Post
i'm using a cable from an old nokia i found laying in the house. it's quite sturdy, compared to lg's cable it seems. my original cable lasted for almost a year now. no idea whats o4x doing to them to be eating them so fast
At least I'm not alone ^^
I don't have any USB cables anymore, was anyone here able to fix his cable?
Regards,
{fd}ware

Current work in progress:
Protos 3:
The app, scripts, UI, UX, whatever.

Maybe a random app?

 
gerciolisz
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 311
Join Date: Feb 2013
i can confirm that nokia cables are best i had htc cable it broke after 4 months lg cable broke after 3 months samsung cable after 4 months.. nokia cable working still for 3 years
The Following User Says Thank You to gerciolisz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
X610
Old
#10  
X610's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 62
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Thessaloniki
Default WAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by {fd}ware View Post
Yeah sorry I meant the cable ^^
But to be honest I'm currently using the charger of my LG Optimus One and it is WAY better than the one of the 4x HD. The 4x HD cable worked for 2 or 3 months, the LG Optimus One cable is working for more than 2 years now, but it also broke now.
That's really weird, it's just like that my 4x HD breaks all cables I connect...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Bear View Post
i'm using a cable from an old nokia i found laying in the house. it's quite sturdy, compared to lg's cable it seems. my original cable lasted for almost a year now. no idea whats o4x doing to them to be eating them so fast
OMG I really thought I was the only one with this problem!
I used the same cable for 2.5 years with the Optimus 2X. The 4X defeated that cable within a month. I thought that it was its time to go, but it has eaten 4 more replacement cables up to now. I really don't know what's wrong with them..
Apart from charging problems when the cable is on its way out, I have intermittent teathering and data transfer unless the cable is perpendicular or inclined towards the left..

Just a thought I made a while ago, that the culprit could be the thick bezel at the socket area, which forces the plug to stay at a distance and wiggle more easily, eating away the contacts..
LG Optimus 4X P880 - LiquidSmooth v2.9 - CWM 6.0.3.1
LG Optimus 2X P990 [stored] - DjangoManouche X1.6.5 + KoB 0.7 - CWM5.0.2.8e
Yep, LG fan now...
HTC T3333
ETEN Glofiish X610, my first smartphone, hence my nickname.

The Following User Says Thank You to X610 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes