5,597,871 Members 38,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][share] JellyBam (KITKAT 4.4) for E975 - Has anyone tried this?

Tip us?

pseudobluz
Old
(Last edited by pseudobluz; 29th December 2013 at 09:32 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q][share] JellyBam (KITKAT 4.4) for E975 - Has anyone tried this?

Hi all,
I've been lurking around xda for years, but never had need to post since I had been managing to find answers by searching
Also, I'm sorry for posting here but I'm not allowed to do int in dev section since this is my first post.

However lets cut to the chase.
As pointed by Maestertk here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=942 there is BAM rom build for Sprint device. So I've searched for ours and here it is:

http://get.bam-android.com/e975/

Now I know this ROM from before from time when I had i9100. I've tried it back then and it was, in my opinion, kind of bloated with unnecessary features/apps but it was smooth as far as I can remember. Also I remember the main dev of this ROM was banned from XDA for stealing some sources from PAC devs. There is very little info about this build for e975 so I'm asking if anyone has already tested this? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for anyone to test this for me, I'm just sharing this info. I'm gonna do it probably, but don't have time right now to mess around with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudobluz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atifsh
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudobluz View Post
Hi all,
I've been lurking around xda for years, but never had need to post since I had been managing to find answers by searching
Also, I'm sorry for posting here but I'm not allowed to do int in dev section since this is my first post.

However lets cut to the chase.
As pointed by Maestertk here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=942 there is BAM rom build for Sprint device. So I've searched for ours and here it is:

http://get.bam-android.com/e975/

Now I know this ROM from before from time when I had i9100. I've tried it back then and it was, in my opinion, kind of bloated with unnecessary features/apps but it was smooth as far as I can remember. Also I remember the main dev of this ROM was banned from XDA for stealing some sources from PAC devs. There is very little info about this build for e975 so I'm asking if anyone has already tested this? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for anyone to test this for me, I'm just sharing this info. I'm gonna do it probably, but don't have time right now to mess around with it.

but you are asking others to test it for you, and its not even a test or experimental thing. its a normal rom like others, so if you want to test make a nandroid backup and flash yourself and save others time from this kind of post.

pseudobluz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atifsh View Post
but you are asking others to test it for you, and its not even a test or experimental thing. its a normal rom like others, so if you want to test make a nandroid backup and flash yourself and save others time from this kind of post.
Please don't be a troll. I've been very clear in a previous post so there is no a real need for such hostile and trollish behavior.

However, I've played around with this ROM. There are some random FCs for system.ui and some custom tweaking utility they made. Camera has problems, images are blurry and there is a random auto-focus problem. They have tried resolving it with killall mm-qcamera-daemon but no good. In general ROM is pretty much the same thing as PA/CM KK4.4 derivatives. It's stable and smooth but wouldn't recommended it to anyone because of rubbish camera. I'm going back to stock. Hope this helps.

And happy new year everyone!

atifsh
Old
Thanks Meter 347
I'm trolling? You have some issues buddy!

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk