XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to install cwm

Tip us?

hanafi200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Unable to install cwm

Need help here, i unable to install cwm to my grand, try more thank 5 times , following the guide, but still failed, always when i want to enter cwm after reboot, it will go to manual mode, and android pic with open stomach with red sign appears , haha, need help here, why its happend??

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
The first time I installed CWM, I had to untick the Auto Reboot option on Odin, and after it successfully flashed the recovery I unplugged the device and removed the battery. Place back the battery, then go directly to the recovery (press home+power+volume up in the same time). If you just turn on the device normally, Samsung's firmware will overwrite CWM with stock Android recovery.

And from there... you can just install any custom ROM you want
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

hanafi200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
The first time I installed CWM, I had to untick the Auto Reboot option on Odin, and after it successfully flashed the recovery I unplugged the device and removed the battery. Place back the battery, then go directly to the recovery (press home+power+volume up in the same time). If you just turn on the device normally, Samsung's firmware will overwrite CWM with stock Android recovery.

And from there... you can just install any custom ROM you want
i see, i want to try it now

hanafi200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafi200 View Post
i see, i want to try it now
thanks again, btw, as i understand from ur post, it mean we have to flash via odin every time want to enter the cwm???

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafi200 View Post
thanks again, btw, as i understand from ur post, it mean we have to flash via odin every time want to enter the cwm???
If you wish to stay stock but keeping the CWM, there is an option to fix recovery when you reboot the system... that way the firmware will not overwrite CWM...

I forgot which CWM/Philz Touch/TWRP has that feature... maybe check the pinned threads in General Section.

I recommend installing GENNEXT rom from balliboxer if you wish to stay stock and rooted... it's much less laggy than official 4.2.2
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

hanafi200
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
If you wish to stay stock but keeping the CWM, there is an option to fix recovery when you reboot the system... that way the firmware will not overwrite CWM...

I forgot which CWM/Philz Touch/TWRP has that feature... maybe check the pinned threads in General Section.

I recommend installing GENNEXT rom from balliboxer if you wish to stay stock and rooted... it's much less laggy than official 4.2.2
its work, thanksss