5,604,292 Members 49,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android HDMI as wireless display receiver?

Tip us?

anglerdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Android HDMI as wireless display receiver?

Hi

I have a small desk for my monitor and laptop (lenovo T420 win7 64bit). At the moment I have a displayport to hdmi cable, but the plug is sticking out over the edge - so the dog hits it

Therefore I was wondering, can I use an Android unit as wireless display receiver for my Windows 7 PC ?

I have searched the internet - and MiraCast is one option , but i am not sure my T420 supports it - and it should be somehow buggy

At the moment I have a noname RK3066 HDMI stick (Android 4.1) not super stable though, and a SonyEricsson Arc S (LT18i) with HDMI, a Galaxy S3 with MHL adapter.

Since I work a lot in worksheets it is important the stick runs full HD (1920x1080) but my laptop screen only supports 1600x900 - and offcourse the text is clear and crisp. And it is also important It should auto launch, so I do not have to click the device every time.

My Wifi is 802.11n

Thank you all for any reply (and sorry for my bad English)

boytoreckonwith
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglerdk View Post
Hi

I have a small desk for my monitor and laptop (lenovo T420 win7 64bit). At the moment I have a displayport to hdmi cable, but the plug is sticking out over the edge - so the dog hits it

Therefore I was wondering, can I use an Android unit as wireless display receiver for my Windows 7 PC ?

I have searched the internet - and MiraCast is one option , but i am not sure my T420 supports it - and it should be somehow buggy

At the moment I have a noname RK3066 HDMI stick (Android 4.1) not super stable though, and a SonyEricsson Arc S (LT18i) with HDMI, a Galaxy S3 with MHL adapter.

Since I work a lot in worksheets it is important the stick runs full HD (1920x1080) but my laptop screen only supports 1600x900 - and offcourse the text is clear and crisp. And it is also important It should auto launch, so I do not have to click the device every time.

My Wifi is 802.11n

Thank you all for any reply (and sorry for my bad English)
I have a 803iv by rikomagik. It's a rk3188 so it "should" be fast. Miracast was a joke from my phone, and that's two android devices. Good luck with Windows cross platform incompatibilities. I install home theaters and residential & commercial electronics, and unless a technology is standardised industry wide (like HDBaseT or even 802.11) you're SOL on interoperability. Your best bet would be a DLNA or a kit (sender & receiver), not a hodgepodge with android/Windows and resolution issues.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

WAIT, a T420 has WiDi...that IS miracast...which IS a standard. have you gone into the stick settings and turned it on and just tried it? The only problem might be crappy chineese implementation...that's why I figured mine did not work. That or my custom firmware...

anglerdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried the omega rom on my sgs3 (since non stock rom doesn't have HDMI/ mhl out) and mirrorop receiver app and windows mirrorop sender . This works, not flawlessly since there is some delay and sound is not playing 100% fluid. I have to test this further.

I cannot make my laptop find my sgs3 through the Intel widi software, so standard widi receiver / miracast isn't working (yet)

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk