[Q] Note 3 SM-N900T Can not disable Automatic Date/Time

Tip us?

calderonr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Note 3 SM-N900T Can not disable Automatic Date/Time

Hello all,
I have done as much research I can on this issue but still no solution. Would appreciate input from the forum members. Device is SM-N900T JB 4.3 TMO version, rooted. Firmware level TUVUBMI7. For some reason, when I DISABLE the automatic date and time flags (i.e. I want then NOT to change to the network date/time because I travel a lot and I want the device to always be on US Eastern time), the flags get back to ENABLED (i.e. checked for auto date/time selection) after a reboot. I have heard some cases that the flag gets enables back after some time w/o a reboot but I am not sure if that is also my case.

Bottomline is, how can I make sure the auto date/time flags are NOT enabled even after a reboot? I have searched high and low, but nothing I have found has solved this issue. What is setting those flags back ON? Is it the network (TMO)?

I am willing to do a system modification to accomplish this if necessary. I have CWM installed and I have backed up my Note3.

Your help/imput is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Unless you have unlimited everything, I think having local time on hand is useful, for example to know when unlimited min. starts after 9PM of local time, or even what time is your plane taking off etc. If dual clock widget displaying both times (local and of your origin) on the screen of your choice won't work (yes you can set dual clock even on the lock screen, when roaming), I'm kind of out of ideas, but really would like to know why?

calderonr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k View Post
Unless you have unlimited everything, I think having local time on hand is useful, for example to know when unlimited min. starts after 9PM of local time, or even what time is your plane taking off etc. If dual clock widget displaying both times (local and of your origin) on the screen of your choice won't work (yes you can set dual clock even on the lock screen, when roaming), I'm kind of out of ideas, but really would like to know why?
Hi Pete,
I do not have unlimited everything. I travel all over the world constantly and for many reasons (emails, calendar entries, etc) I do not want my
smartphone on the local time of whatever country I am in...it has happened before that my calendar entries/appointments get screwed up. I want my phone to always stay in eastern time...I have other clocks I can use in the Android to see the local time wherever I am at.
So, again, I am trying to figure out how/why the auto date/time flags keep getting checked on after I reboot...is it somehow TMO turning this on from the firmware?

thanks!