XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Att forcing update

Tip us?

klloyd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Att forcing update

just got s4 yesterday. Came with mf3 Now this morning att is pushing an update to my phone... how do I stop it? Anytime I use wifi it startes back to downloading. .. Dont know what it is, or if it will make my wait longe4 for a safe way in, I assume if its from att, its not good! So how can I stop it???

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3384
With MF3 your pretty much stuck already. You can root it and install safestrap for MF3 but you are limited to Touchwiz based 4.2.2 Roms. Check out the threads for WHICH ROMS work for it.

The update your getting is most likely the MK2 4.3 firmware. With it you can root and install SafeStrap for MK2, there are some Roms you can run with it but they have to be Touchwiz Roms and based on 4.3 firmwares.

So basically if I was in your shoes I would just take the 4.3 update and root and install Safestrap for MK2. Then flash ShoStock MK2 for a BETTER than Stock experience.

If you could have gotten the S4 with MDL or MDB firmwares you could have used motochopper+casual to root and install an actual full recovery and flash anything you want. But those are hard to find unless you check Swappa for one with eiher of those firmwares.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337
The Following User Says Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ted77usa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2087

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by klloyd View Post
just got s4 yesterday. Came with mf3 Now this morning att is pushing an update to my phone... how do I stop it? Anytime I use wifi it startes back to downloading. .. Dont know what it is, or if it will make my wait longe4 for a safe way in, I assume if its from att, its not good! So how can I stop it???
If I were u.......turn off your wifi and take your att sim card off. ....... and also take your sd card out..... format it to EXfat and follow jortex new root for MF3 firmware. .... so when u rooted. ...u can install titanium back up from play store. ...and uninstall Att software update.apk then u should be ok..... but like RockRatt said.....since from now on everything moving forward with 4.3 base rom. ..... it should be nice to have 4.3 firmware. ......as of right now u able to root using saferoot method or kingo method and u can also install Safestrap recovery v 3.71 ..... Goodluck. .... ..

SWYPED_FROM_S4_MF3_REDVENOM

SelfElevated2
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Unlucky you. Man id be pissed. Good news though im pretty sure google editions work with safestrap which still gives you 4.4. That's ofcourse if kit kat interests you

klloyd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Thanks guys. I knew to disable the wifi for short term fix. I went ahead and held tight with the MF3 factory software. You guys are correct it is at 4.2.2. I did the root and quarantine of the updater. I just feel that I might be best waiting... I'm afraid that what ever comes down may make everything worse. I'll keep this and hold tight till something comes along that we can odin into it easy... I'm sure it wont be too awful long as this is a popular phone.
If anyone seeing my post is looking for the same thing, its here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7577&nocache=1

If I remove all this ATT bloat, will it harm anything? Dont know what will trip the rom up and make it a nice paper weight. There is NOTHING of att software.

kirbee213
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by klloyd View Post
Thanks guys. I knew to disable the wifi for short term fix. I went ahead and held tight with the MF3 factory software. You guys are correct it is at 4.2.2. I did the root and quarantine of the updater. I just feel that I might be best waiting... I'm afraid that what ever comes down may make everything worse. I'll keep this and hold tight till something comes along that we can odin into it easy... I'm sure it wont be too awful long as this is a popular phone.
If anyone seeing my post is looking for the same thing, its here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7577&nocache=1

If I remove all this ATT bloat, will it harm anything? Dont know what will trip the rom up and make it a nice paper weight. There is NOTHING of att software.
Use titanium backup to FREEZE at&t bloat and update software. You never know what you'll need or want in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app